$3 NLHE STT: Overpair vs. Baluga line from villian

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 3.5 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG (t1500)
UTG+1 (t1440)
MP1 (t1075)
MP2 (t2020)
MP3 (t1675)
Hero (CO) (t1470)
Button (t1350)
SB (t1480)
BB (t1490)

Hero's M: 49.00

Preflop: Hero is CO with J
spade.gif
, J
club.gif

4 folds, MP3 calls t20, Hero bets t80, 1 fold, SB calls t70, 1 fold, MP3 calls t60

Flop: (t260) 10, 6
diamond.gif
, 3
spade.gif
(3 players)
SB checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets t200, SB calls t200, 1 fold

Turn: (t660) 4
diamond.gif
(2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets t340, SB raises to t1200 (All-In), Hero??

Basically it's the strongest possible line villian could have taken. What i'm beating is a AT kind of hand or he's trying to rep the flush. I thought he was more likely to have a set here and didn't want the flush draw to scare him so just shove on the turn.
If i folded i'd have ~800 chips left which is more than enough to win. If I call and win I've got about 3,000 chips which would set me up nicely to cash, but it doesn't increase my chances dramatically. If i loose I go out.

Thoughts?

Edit: Looks like im ahead of the range I gave villian (Put in AA,KK because sometimes they like to get tricky)

Hand 0: 47.980% { KK+, TT, 66, 33, ATs, Ad9d, Ad8d, Ad7d, Ad6d, Ad5d, Ad4d, Ad3d, Ad2d, KTs, QTs, ATo, KTo, QTo }
Hand 1: 52.020% { JJ }

B

BigThingWithHolesInIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is that the T of diamonds on the flop then? Symbol doesn't show for me.

If yes, I would treat this turn as a WA/WB and check back. Then call a reasonable bet on a river brick.
As played, cringe, fold, suppress the urge to make him your archnemesis.

The trouble with these stakes - at least at FullTilt, but I assume it's not very different at PS - is the rampant flush worship. Against an unknown, I have to add at least most if not all suited face-rags to his range.
People also have trouble folding any ace on any flop. Any AdX can show up here imo, and has 12 outs (Ad8, Ad9, AdJ) or more against you.

So basically I'd need a read to put v on a range as reasonable as yours, because the majority of players here has already made a mistake by now.

Just my $0.02

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is that the T of diamonds on the flop then? Symbol doesn't show for me.

If yes, I would treat this turn as a WA/WB and check back. Then call a reasonable bet on a river brick.
As played, cringe, fold, suppress the urge to make him your archnemesis.

The trouble with these stakes - at least at FullTilt, but I assume it's not very different at PS - is the rampant flush worship. Against an unknown, I have to add at least most if not all suited face-rags to his range.
People also have trouble folding any ace on any flop. Any AdX can show up here imo, and has 12 outs (Ad8, Ad9, AdJ) or more against you.

So basically I'd need a read to put v on a range as reasonable as yours, because the majority of players here has already made a mistake by now.

Just my $0.02

Ooops yeah thats the T of diamonds.
I'm not too sure this is a WA/WB situation. As it stands villian has shown little strength and checking back would just give him free chance to hit his flush if he hasn't already.
As for your second point.. your saying more flush combinations are in his range than I initially thought (rag king both of diamonds etc)? You could be right there I did just give him a conservative range for the time being. So this means we should fold more too?
Thanks for the response.