$3 NLHE STT: Call this big BTN open from BB?

T

tzuriel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
In general, I would call with this hand from the BB. V's raise was a little larger than standard and with this being towards the later stages of this SnG , I opted to fold expecting to get better hands later.

(Blinds 60/120 and I have a middle stack)

UTG1 is a splashy 35 10 after 70 hands

Agree or disagree with this fold? Am I not taking an acceptable risk?

I have removed all the streets and results because I am really only interested in the right play at this point of the hand. Thanks!

NL Holdem $3+$0.30 (120.00BB)
SB ($2236)
HERO ($2290)
UTG_1 ($2463)
UTG ($3426)
MP ($1736)
CO ($3993)
BTN ($1856)

Dealt to Hero: T 8

UTG_1 Calls $120, UTG Folds, MP Folds, CO Folds, BTN Raises To $510, SB Folds, HERO Folds, UTG_1 Calls $378

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is an easy fold being out of position to a large raise and a raise that is also 1/3rd of villains stack. Being it that much of their stack they are probably not folding to any raise and you have 108 off. I wouldnt even think twice here and pitch this. Given our stack size, there are very few hands I would only call with here either (thinking AA but that is about it) and would either fold or jam sitting at 19 BBs. Plus you have UTG still to act. I know they only limped but who knows what they could do or if they are a limp jammer type. Easy fold

T

tzuriel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This is an easy fold being out of position to a large raise and a raise that is also 1/3rd of villains stack. Being it that much of their stack they are probably not folding to any raise and you have 108 off. I wouldnt even think twice here and pitch this. Given our stack size, there are very few hands I would only call with here either (thinking AA but that is about it) and would either fold or jam sitting at 19 BBs. Plus you have UTG still to act. I know they only limped but who knows what they could do or if they are a limp jammer type. Easy fold

Yes. The lurking limping UTG player is definitely a factor and makes folding the better play.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with 300HPGOD. Given the size of BTNs raise and the short effective stack, we should not even have a calling range here, unless we want to get tricky with AA or KK. Everything else we should play as a rejam for our 19BB, and rejamming T8o is obviously way to loose. We likely dont have a lot of fold equity against BTN, when he has already committed so much of his stack, so I probably only rejam something like 88+ and AJ+ in this spot.