CO: 33.65 BB

4 players post ante of 0.1 BB, Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.9 BB) Hero has 7:heart: A:club:

fold, fold, Hero raises to 2 BB, BB calls 1 BB

Flop: (4.4 BB, 2 players) Q:club: 3:heart: 8:heart:
Hero bets 2.27 BB, BB calls 2.27 BB

Turn: (8.93 BB, 2 players) 4:diamond:
Hero checks, BB bets 4.47 BB, fold,

How do you play if you know that the BB is tigth?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
looks fine to me... I might raise 2.5x when BvB in that spot

Also might consider Limp> Stab Steal (depends on history BvB vs. this guy).. i

A

Alexandru24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
looks fine. What else can you do without no history? bet size i think it's also fine, maybe you could bet like 30-35% on the flop.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I think he is tight I play it exactly like you did.

If he is unknown I raise it bigger preflop to 2.5-3.0x, Cbet the flop, check fold the turn.

If he is aggressive/tricky/LAG I limp with the intention of jamming preflop if he raises.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
vs a tight player, the c-bet in general will be less effective, since his preflop range is much stronger. THe key thing to think about in these situations is that your min-raise vs a tight player preflop is SOOOOOO profitable, you really don't need to get carried away much here postflop or feel like you have to fight for pots, he is already gifting you chips by folding too much preflop. You also have a ton of equity in future scenarios vs this player BVB, you will basically never be giving him a walk and he will fold to much at the 12BB and below level and you will make a ton of EV there.

This flop is fine for a c-bet, but i wouldn't bet say a JT8 board as it is just going to be so rare for him to fold there, he's going to have a piece of something or overs most of the time, so be happy he's nitty preflop and don't worry about playing weak postflop.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have raise bigger pre since at first I know hes so tight.

Postflop, stardard play for both parties.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have raise bigger pre since at first I know hes so tight.

Postflop, stardard play for both parties.

I think the tighter they are the more sense it makes to min raise. They're folding too much as it is; so this way you just lose less when they 3bet. You can expect tight players to be pretty straightforward in their BB thus the risk/reward ratio of min raising with marginal hands is great.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the tighter they are the more sense it makes to min raise. They're folding too much as it is; so this way you just lose less when they 3bet. You can expect tight players to be pretty straightforward in their BB thus the risk/reward ratio of min raising with marginal hands is great.

ya my thoughts exactly, you just lose more the times when he has a hand if you raise more, makes no sense whatsoever.

P

PokerFan27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ty for your answers, I agree vs tigth player the minraise is the best option because with 2x or 2.5x our FE is the same and we always should try to minimize risks.

Regards!

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The board is dry to attempt a bluff on the turn tho.Good fold.