$3 NLHE MTT: two middle pairs lose on the turn

L

limakpl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello
Weekly live tournament at my university with people who do not know much about poker.
It is more social poker that is why people just like to limp with almost any two cards. However we still play for money.

Description is not 100 % accurate because I am just using my memory( I don't remember exact blind structure and other players stacks).

People like to play any two cards and call/chase with anything
Middle stage of the tournament
6 handed blinds 25/50

Utg fold
MP(25 BB 1250) limps
CO fold
Button limps
SB: Hero (30 BB 1500) limps with :10c4: :7c4:
BB checks

(It was very very likely that BB just checks- that is why I called )

Flop: 7 10 J rainbow

Hero bets the pot 200
BB folds
MP calls
Button folds
( Here on the flop I was betting for value, and I knew it is very possible to be called by a worse hand, HOWEVER any 8, 9, J Q K A (24 cards) that could fall on the turn would be a scary card, I didn't want find myself in that position and be outdrawn. On the other hand if I bet 400 instead of 200 I knew I would only be called/raised by someone with straight 89.)

Question 1: In my opinion bet is the best option here from SB with 3 players ahead, however I don't know how much should I bet and why??? what about shove(satisfied with the blinds or lose a tourney life) ?

Turn: Q
Pot : 600
Not very good card for me
(something interesting happened):D Before I made a move MP said: "If you check I go all in" The guy normally talks a lot.

Hero; All-in
MP calls and reveals 10 Q offsuit

(Question 2: Stupid move ? should I just check and fold to his bet, or check and give him free card ?

Thanks for all advices. :D:flowers:

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Board very coordinated , better check turn when you not have position, and looking how much villain bet , if will be big bet, you need fold..

Because you said that it is bad players, they will never bluff on such coordinated board...

bkniefel

bkniefel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You played the hand pretty well but value betting with people that limp in every hand hasn't worked out in my experience but you can't win if you're not in I guess. As for the value bet..I only value bet when I know that I have the hand and its highly unlikely that no one is going to compete with my hand after 5th street. You're not value betting when you're scared of the turn or river. You're betting and trying to get them off the hand which you did but they had top pair as well and wanted to see more.

I would have just checked. Knowing that the people that you are playing with are really lose and don't mind losing, there's really no reason to get your money in with an average hand after betting on the flop and having him/her follow. Maybe next time just try waiting for the top 5 hands and betting heavy knowing that they will call.