$3 NLHE MTT Rebuy: single big blind defense 7 handed

MoryMorte

MoryMorte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe it’s because I opened it on my phone but I don’t see actions preflop. Is it V limped, you raised 3x, V called?

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's impossible to see the action up to this point in the hand.

Maybe try the CC hand replayer.

7CardKillR

7CardKillR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe it’s because I opened it on my phone but I don’t see actions preflop. Is it V limped, you raised 3x, V called?

look in the box in the lower left hand corner?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I read it correctly, then the preflop action was BTN limping, no player in small blind (happen when someone just busted), Hero raise to 4BB from big blind, limper call in position. I would just have taken a free flop here. I dont think, there is any fold equity, and I also dont think, raising T8s is for value even against a wide limping range.

As played its a bit of the same story on the flop. You flopped a gutshot, but as far as draws go, they pretty much dont get any worse than this. 3 of your improvement cards could potentially give your opponent a better straight or a full house, and the last one could also give him a flush. Or you could even be dead to a full house already.

You are also out of position and against someone, who is probably a recreational player, since he limped BTN with a deep stack. So your hand is pretty much garbage, and in general this is not the kind of player, you want to try and bluff of hands, and especially not when he have position on you.

Conclusion: Check-fold the flop and move on.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fundiver is definitely correct here: Just complete pre-flop (or check if you're in the big blind with a dead small blind). The reason is because you're out of position with a reasonably deep stack so you want to be on a tighter raising range.

As played, I would usually c-bet the flop with a gutshot and ten-high.

vsawake01

vsawake01

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluff against wide range? It can be anything like TJd or 55.
Not sure if this is profitable.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands