Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In this early position, you act first so, if you checked this turn, villain can have this Ace or is chasing flush, but I think fold is OK in this situation. I see no reason to pay this turn, is early in the game...

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not sure I understand action on the turn. You act first, so how does villain donk bet into you?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seem like a pretty clear check-call to me. Its obviously not great, that an ace hit the board, but we should have an ace much more often than him. AX are good 3-betting hands preflop, so when he just call and then also call a substantial C-bet on this board, his range should be more weighted towards pocket pairs than AX. Some of those pocket pairs made a set, but he has way more combos, that did not.

A fish might show up here with any random AX, but this is a player with reasonable stats and also a high aggression factor. So we cannot allow him to run us over by turning his 66-99 into a bluff on any turn card, that is scary to us. If he bomb the river, thats the time, we can maybe get away.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The way I am reading this hand we were the preflop aggressor and cbet the flop - we would be doing this with alot of our Ace hi combos and by raising from EP we have alot of the strongest aces in our range - again the way I read it you must have checked turn? Because MP fires into us for what should be about half pot?

I wouldn't check turn in this case - I would fire another barrel on the turn, somewhere around 60 - 66% pot because the Ace is not necessarily a bad card for my range. If we get called we can evaluate rivers.

As played if we checked turn we have to call - otherwise we are always giving our opponent credit for an Ace that floated the flop which is not always the case. They could easily have some other PP hands or flush draw hands to take the betting lead with. When we check the turn we open the door for aggressive players to take this one away from us.

For myself if I were the villan in this case and I decided to bet turn with a flush draw after you checked and you just call - the river bricks the flush, is another card under a 9 and you check to me again - I am blasting it, betting huuuge because your hand looks like exactly what it is, an underpair to the ace who has now become timid of the scare card and I have my river bluff chamber fully loaded if I miss my draw and you check to me again. Because say you do call turn - the river does blank off, then you check and villan fires out 80-90% pot it puts Jack's in a very awkward spot for sure. A massive river bet is polarized in a sense of either they have the ace or nothing at all and it's hard for us to call these spots.

Avoid this spot and tougher decisions by leading the turn for a reasonable amount like I stated previously - fold to any turn raises - if called, look to check call almost all rivers unless our opponent does something crazy like jams.

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As played I think this is an easy call on the turn. The river is a little more complicated. He might checks hands that you beat and then bluff and value bet on the river. Just depends on your history with the opponent imo.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you can continue to barrell here and reavaluate river. You have a range advantage here unless he's flatting with big Ax pre.
He might of made a fishy call with a smaller Ax. Once you've shown weakness and checked here he could be just taking a stab at the pot. I'd call here as played and look to fold to big river bets

B

Brawo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with @Jon Poker
You check the turn because you were scared about ace and your opponent has felt it.
It was small bet, around 30% of pot, looks like value bet.
You have to be aware of your range, and na ace absolutely is!
If you check the turn, you show a weakness.

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
if you act first because your action does not appear and if you passed and the bet on the turn I think you should think about it before calling it is better to fold and wait for a better hand

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think check-call will be ok. But bet on the turn will be better