$3.50 NLHE STT: What can/should we shove early in this 45 man?

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So this is a few levels into a 45man, this guy is a random, running 0/0 over 12 hands so no reads really. What hands would you guys get it in with once he makes such a tiny min bet?

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 3.5 Tournament, 75/150 Blinds (9 handed) - Converted at http://www.handhistoryconverter.com

MP2 (t1460)
MP3 (t3590)
CO (t1605)
Button (t2875)
Hero (SB) (t2685)
BB (t1280)
UTG (t1400)
UTG+1 (t1015)
MP1 (t2605)

Hero's M: 11.93

Preflop: Hero is SB with X
diamond.gif
, X
club.gif

UTG calls t150, 1 fold, MP1 bets t300, MP2 calls t300, 3 folds, Hero raises to t695, 2 folds, MP1 raises to t1090, MP2 calls t790, Hero ???

The Messiah

The Messiah

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Neither player here is folding consid their stack sizes so my GII range is going to be tighter than what it would be for 20bigs in this pos against 2 unknowns.
Consid they are unknowns I'm ok with folding <AQ/JJ, all better I'm pretty happy getting it in.
Will have 15 bigs if we fold which is plenty to work with, hence I'm tighter than usual in a similar situation. Would ofc widen my calling range if he 4bet jammed and the other villain folded but just giving my opinion as played.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously this guy must be really strong, he suggest he's never folding.

I'd probs be getting in A,Q+ TT+ vs a small committing raise like this.

Also; I assume you have to be strong here and aren't 3betting lighter than A,Q+ TT+ in this spot? If you are then with extra dead money in the pot, if you're holding 77+/A,J+ I think we have to also get those hands in.

ps:Are we even factoring in the other short stack here john? I'm guessing he's bad just with flatting <10bbs vs guys raise pre and we're just concentrating on the nit?

Last edited:
D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
probs AKs+/QQ+. The min 4-bet looks really strong. As does MP2's flat.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Flatter is terrible, just assume he's dead money but he does throw a weird variable. He was like 46/3 or something, could have 67s, could have QQ, who knows. Ram you say AQ+ and TT+, I think that's very wide. Why so wide?

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see this play often in latter stages of sngs, where early position player min bets and re-raises and often has KK or AA. My calling range narrows to A/K and QQ+

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Flatter is terrible, just assume he's dead money but he does throw a weird variable. He was like 46/3 or something, could have 67s, could have QQ, who knows. Ram you say AQ+ and TT+, I think that's very wide. Why so wide?

Why do you think it's really that wide? Doesn't A,Q/TT+ drop into like the absolute top of our range to be 3betting/getting it in here?

Also as you are both 17bb and there is a caller already in the pot; along with the fact TT+ A,Q+ is like top of our range I don't think you can 3bet a nit with the intention of folding based on stack sizes/+dead money. I'd much rather just fold to start with.

Likely hood is villians opening range here is tight(then again, 11 hands isn't exactly huge), but likely <8% of hands and once you 3bet in this spot with hands like TT/A,Q+, I just don't think it's ever going to be good to then fold. 3bet/folding 17bb deep with dead money to a nit with the to of our range has to be -EV surely?

I don't think just over an 11 hand sample size that he's only 4betting here with QQ+/A,K, even if his 4bet sizing does look very strong.

Even if we give him the absolute top 3% of his range for 4betting here; we're only ever going to be 50/50 in this spot at worse and with the dead money in the pot already it's going to be +EV to get TT/A,Q in here isnt it or am I off?

I also don't think it's ever going to be that bad *In general* to get TT+/A,Q+ in vs nits when we have a ton of dead money is going to be hugely bad.

Last edited: