$3.50 NLHE STT: QQ pre flop vs 2 passive players

seanDCFC

seanDCFC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its really early in the tournament and both players are really passive. Only 10 hands in but both where involed in almost every hand but this is the first time I seen either raise a hand PF. Can we ever think about folding here?

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 3.5 Tournament, 15/30 Blinds (5 handed) - PokerStars Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com
BB (t1650)
UTG (t1510)
MP (t1575)
Button (t2780)
Hero (SB) (t1485)
Hero's M: 33.00
Preflop: Hero is SB with Q
heart.gif
, Q
club.gif

1 fold, MP calls t30, Button bets t60, Hero raises to t240, BB raises to t1650 (All-In), MP calls t1545 (All-In), 1 fold, Hero?

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IMO i dont think you are ever folding in this spot to two players who have shown they have no real understanding of hand selection. They could easily be going crazy with Ax which happens quite alot at low stakes and occasionally with any pair they go crazy as well, even if you do end up playing against hands near the top of their range (AK) then you are still flipping and should be making the call, as winning this hand puts you in a really good spot to win the STT, another factor is that QQ is an absolute monster 5 handed and there is very few occasions where it should be folded pre flop.

If one of your opponents does have AA or KK you have been coolered and should just move onto the next one :)

seanDCFC

seanDCFC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Neither had AA/KK. I think I was just over thinking this. One thing that almost put me off was how quick they both acted.

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They had probably already decided they were going to shove plus if they had a premium they would probably hollywood for a few seconds

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I generally Fold here, Its still early and I generally play tight in these size of blinds. one raiser I call.... 2...... I fold

sam1chips

sam1chips

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm biased, QQ has not been good to me lately...
if you know they are tight, and it is still early in the tournament, i probably wouldve folded and lived to see another day. im sure mathematically you should go in with QQ, but (especially very early in a tournament) i'm not gonna push all of my chips in the pot unless i'm sure.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think we can read too much into either player after just 10 hands - the fact this is their first raise preflop isn't out of the ordinary.

With a four-bet shove and a call I can probably get away from this, it's still early.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if we're planning to ever fold this pre-flop, we need to make our 3bet smaller. Being OOP doesnt matter as much in SNG as we're usually short enough to get stacks in with two streets of play no problems.

I think i'd be folding in a 9 man, but 6max players are just nutcases, so i'd probably just call, pray and load another game if i didn't triple up.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm calling quite quickly. Even against two opponents, there are many hands in their ranges other than AA and KK. Even AK may not be the usual race since there's a decent chance the opponents are holding blockers. And I'm well ahead of anything else.