$3.50 NLHE HU Tourney: HU SNG set of 4s facing c/c c/c shove river

loafes

loafes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I realise I probably should have bet more on the flop and turn but how do we play river? Villains line is so strong here but we have a set HU. Villain will think I'm running bluffs here some of the time based on our last game. He did call down without hands to some rivers, but I've yet to see him run big bluffs. I don't think he's bluffing here I mean I don't know if the typical 3.50 player is taking this line with missed draws either. But the question is what value hands does he do this with. Certainly flopped straights, I don't think its that hard to see him hitting a backdoor flush. I don't really know if he has sets here very often, maybe they take this line or maybe the raise at some point. Which means I'm only beating bluffs and two pair. Does anyone think that the standard 3.50 player is doing this with bluffs and or two pair hands here?

poker stars $3.29+$0.21 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t15/t30 Blinds - 2 players - View hand 2517180
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN/SB): t1390 46.33 BBs
BB: t1610 53.67 BBs

Pre Flop: (t45) Hero is BTN/SB with 4 :spade: 4 :heart:
Hero raises to t60, BB calls t30

Flop: (t120) 7 :spade: 4 :club: 5 :diamond: (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets t60, BB calls t60

Turn: (t240) K :diamond: (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets t150, BB calls t150

River: (t540) J :diamond: (2 players)
BB bets t1340 all in

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whenever you see a change in behavior like that, it's generally a sign of a very strong hand. He check/calls two streets, then just decides to shove all in as a bluff on the river? doesn't really make too much sense.

The diamonds obviously got there, so it's the most likely hand that he has, however, we still have to make the call here... Because he can be making this play with stuff that we still beat, i make the call here and i'm not too bothered if he shows down the flush here. You can make folds in this spot with TPTK type hands, but not sets.

A

anthony c

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whenever you see a change in behavior like that, it's generally a sign of a very strong hand. He check/calls two streets, then just decides to shove all in as a bluff on the river? doesn't really make too much sense.

The diamonds obviously got there, so it's the most likely hand that he has, however, we still have to make the call here... Because he can be making this play with stuff that we still beat, i make the call here and i'm not too bothered if he shows down the flush here. You can make folds in this spot with TPTK type hands, but not sets.

I dont agree with this i might be wrong but i had same spot with set on flop and he shoved same board and was beat.
When he shoves river you can only beat a bluff (tptk and set same thing his got flush or nothing what his rep.)and i think pot on river is not big enough and his risking allot of chips and his tournament life.

I would of bluffed the turn if i was bluffing with a scare card.He might have 2 pair but would he over bet shove river with 2 pair maybe other than that not very much busted draws he has to bluff and he called flop and turn so i doubt it.
So its a good time to fold a big hand if u think your beat to much chips and your tournament life you risking

Last edited:
teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea... I mean I'm not sure if he's bluffing too here, but then at the same time...

like, what... he's calling half pots for 2 streets for a backdoor draw?

Maybe he would do this with some really strong multi draws that ended up making the flush, but it seems more like 2 pair. You say the backdoor draw isn't too hard to believe... if he's calling a lot of your cbets on flop then yea, it's possible he called Turn with a draw

But generally smells like 2 pair
Agree with WiZZiM

T

thatgreekdude

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
overshoving a flush seems kind of fishy but that could be how villains trying to make it look, however agreed with some other answers we have to call because we still beat a lot of hands that villain could take this line with.