$3.40 NLHE STT Turbo: Small suited connectors 3 handed big stack on my left

Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 17/13/46

I hate these situations late in the stt when I have the big stack on my left and a similar stack to mine on my right. I had a chip lead on the shortstack a couple orbits ago but a couple of jams by him later and here we are. I would think I still have some fold equity but I dont know I just hate blinding away.

poker stars $3.00+$0.40 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t300/t600 Blinds + t50 - 3 players - View hand 997804
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: t3330 M = 3.17
Hero (SB): t3425 M = 3.26
BB: t8245 M = 7.85

Pre Flop: (t1050) Hero is SB with 6 :club: 5 :club:
1 fold, Hero???

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't play turbos but easy shove for me. With blinds going up as fast as they do my shove range here easily includes 65s.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a lot of this depends on how wide the BB is calling, but I think in a vacuum it's a shove. Having the stacks arranged like this is very -$EV, not a whole lot you can do about it :(

Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a lot of this depends on how wide the BB is calling, but I think in a vacuum it's a shove. Having the stacks arranged like this is very -$EV, not a whole lot you can do about it :(

yea well he snapped off on me with k7o. I won the hand and he went on to tell me how horrible of a shove it was. Thats why usually I dont have the chatbox on so I dont have to deal with people that dont understand late game stt strategy.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's actually a good call on his part, whether he knows it or not. Generally once we reach ITM, calling ranges of most if not all villains widens considerably. And we also still have to account for a mini bubble here too. With equal stacks, i'm not shoving overly wide here, i'm shoving hands with lots of showdown value, i think this is a fine shove, it has loads of connectedness. Just wanted to point out shoving into this guy with a wide range is a really bad idea, hes the chip leader, calling won't hurt him, we're competing with the other short villian here, so shoving from the button and calling a shove from the other shortie are going to be the best two options here.

Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's actually a good call on his part, whether he knows it or not. Generally once we reach ITM, calling ranges of most if not all villains widens considerably. And we also still have to account for a mini bubble here too. With equal stacks, i'm not shoving overly wide here, i'm shoving hands with lots of showdown value, i think this is a fine shove, it has loads of connectedness. Just wanted to point out shoving into this guy with a wide range is a really bad idea, hes the chip leader, calling won't hurt him, we're competing with the other short villian here, so shoving from the button and calling a shove from the other shortie are going to be the best two options here.

yea I agree that shoving overly wide here is a mistake the problem I was having was I was getting nothing and was under a continual assault from the other shortstack(as he should be doing) and I didnt want to wait another round letting my fold equity continue to diminish.

Personally I think calling with k7o is a bad call(maybe not bad but marginal at best) here for nearly half our stack. Even if sb is shoving 50 percent here we only have 46 percent equity in the hand now I know that the overlay in the pot already makes up for that but I would think the ICM tax would be a whopper as a loss leaves us barely in second. Could be wrong on this since a win puts in command to win. prolly should have done the math on this before posting but I am sure If I am wrong you guys will straighten me out.

p.s. I think 30 percent would be a good avg range to assign sb shove here and in that case K7 only has 39 percent equity.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well it depends how loose he thinks we're shoving. If your really wide here, calling with a decent king is pretty good overall.

If the other guy is attacking your blinds, we have to start opening up our calling range, if he's shoving really wide, we have to start calling wider. I'm much happier calling down a loose shover here.

Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well it depends how loose he thinks we're shoving. If your really wide here, calling with a decent king is pretty good overall.

If the other guy is attacking your blinds, we have to start opening up our calling range, if he's shoving really wide, we have to start calling wider. I'm much happier calling down a loose shover here.

yea i was willing to call on BB a little wider since he was hitting me every orbit(now when I say every orbit I mean like 5-6) but I kept looking down at 93o(ugh). I had let the big stalk walk 2-3 orbits in a row so I thought for sure he couldnt call without a hand. Should have waited I guess but it was a frustrating situation.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands