$3.40 NLHE STT Turbo: First hand.. weird..

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$3.40 NL HE STT Turbo: First hand.. weird..

--------------------
HAND #1
--------------------

poker stars, $3.40 Buy-in (10/20 blinds) NL Hold'em Tourney, 10 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

BTN: 1,500 (75 bb)
SB: 1,500 (75 bb)
BB: 1,500 (75 bb)
UTG: 1,500 (75 bb)
Hero (UTG+1): 1,500 (75 bb)
UTG+2: 1,500 (75 bb)
MP1: 1,500 (75 bb)
MP2: 1,500 (75 bb)
MP3: 1,500 (75 bb)
CO: 1,500 (75 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q
spade.gif
Q
diamond.gif

UTG calls 20, Hero raises to 100, 3 folds, MP3 calls 100, CO calls 100, BTN calls 100, 2 folds, UTG calls 80

Flop: (530) 9
heart.gif
spade.gif
diamond.gif
(5 players)
UTG checks, Hero???

im pretty sure i took the optimal route.. what would you guys do in this situation??

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I c-bet 375 here. Yeah someone could be tripped up now but you won't know unless you bet and would anyone in LP really be slow playing AA/KK here, doubtful. I think that check/call here would be unwise as it doesn't give you any info and you can't be certain anyone in LP will bet to allow you to check/raise.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sorry i forgot to add. i did have a read of MP3 hes a reg who knows how i play.. and i know his game well too....

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sorry i forgot to add. i did have a read of MP3 hes a reg who knows how i play.. and i know his game well too....

Unless you regularly stick 100 chips in on the first hand, this really doesn't make a difference. Personally, I'd make just a little over a half pot size bet here. I'm guessing it's going in no matter what, but against a shove that would still leave you able to find a fold if you wanted to.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i check folded.. hahaa, pretty nitty right? i didnt really want to get involved too much in a big pot.. so i hated cbetting and either getting called or raised.. which is going to happen a lot in the lower limits,, someone with Ace 9 here will raise thinking he has the best hand... and if i get action from the MP3 i know he has to have a set in this spot.. im hugely confidant that i have a big edge in these small limit stt that im quite happy to fold in this spot..

anyways i check, mp3 bets out nearly 3/4pot.. guy next to him shoves, i instafold. and mp3 calls.. i instantly put mp3 on a set here.. but how wrong was i he turns over KK and the other villain shows a set of 2's...

i have no idea what the guy was thinking.. he mixed it up well i guess as if he raises preflop i can put him on a range of QQ+AK and thats it.. so my queens would be in the muck most probably... i dont really mind sacrificing a pot here. so that i dont lose a third of my stack early.. still have 1400.. if it checks around then i guess i still have the best hand and ill decide what to do on the turn...

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i want to add though im more likely cbetting if less ppl called.. if it were only 2 or 1 im definately cbetting looking to get my stack in against a random low stakes player//

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow, that is pretty nitty. I'm cbetting and maybe folding to a big reraise, but never check folding there. But there's nothing wrong with it. What ended up winning? Do you remember?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pocket 2's held up and won it.. knocking the guy i knew out... i really didnt think he was bad enough to shove here. i guess its not too bad against a random.. i think he was trying to out play me though. thats for sure..

but again a very weird hand i thought...

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i actually know a few players who. set up say 15 games.. then a little later load another 15 and what they do is just sit out the first few blind rounds.. cos thats how unimportant they really are.. sure they are missing out on a few spots where they can make an early double up, but its few and far between.. if we get involved early on.. we may lose our chance later when we can really have a huge edge over a random player... oh and these guys im talking about make a lot of $$ in case you were wondering...

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sick fold. For me, I'm stacking in a HU or 3-way pot, like you said. In this spot, I'd like to think I'm good enough to get away, but I'm not, I'd probably ship it, or at the least b/f. I guess survival (or, rather, not risking a ton of chips in marginal spots like this one) is the most important thing in the early levels, and this really highlights that point.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands