UTG: checks
Hero: checks
Results:
UTG shows a pair of Nines:
9♥ A♠
Hero shows a pair of Jacks:
J♦ 10♦
Hero collected 610 from pot

Now that I look back at it, I raised too much on the flop. I think a raise is probably better than calling. I most likely have the best hand there; if I don't I have outs. Villain cannot have a better J and flush draw. The problem with raising though is villain may shove. However, raising makes the flush draw disguised. I don't like calling there because if villain is ahead he will keep betting, which I would probably call, and if I hit my flush I think it looks fairly obvious that that is what I was chasing and probably won't get paid of. He bet so small that it screamed very, very marginal hand. Under that reasoning I think I should have raised less on the flop, and did another bet on the turn. I stopped betting after the flop because I didn't think there was much he'd call me with that I beat. This reasoning is silly though because he probably isn't a good player if he bet 20 on the flop....

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop call is fine, flop raise is ok, Tp and flush draw is essentially the nuts when you call behind with a hand like that. I'm not sure about the turn, but im definately going for value on the river.

Last edited:
H

HomeBrewer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the raise, as well as the amount you raised. I also like your check on the turn as it does not exactly scream weakness to the villain. I would however agree with Wizzim and value bet the river. I don't see him check raising here with any hands, and could likely get middle pair to pay.

P

pat3392

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't go for value on the river because I thought that he'd wouldn't call me with much that I beat. Of course this is bad logic because it is the first level; players seem to think in terms of chips rather than BB and probability. Hell he had A9 and I think I definitely got more value out of it. Beyond me why he thought he was good when he called my raise...

Why do you like the size of the flop raise?

H

HomeBrewer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just like the fact that you are claiming to have a hand (portraying strength). See who is willing to play. This also aids in disguising your heavy draws, as you stated in the OP. I just think that in the event you do hit, it would be hard for them to put you on the flush (or straight draw that you pick up on the turn).

Full Flush Poker