$3.40 NLHE STT Turbo: 10 M, raise pf AJ, flop QQ3, villian bets

P

pat3392

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$3.40 NL HE STT Turbo: 10 M, raise pf AJ, flop QQ3, villian bets

This looks like spew here on my part....

poker stars $3.00+$0.40 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t25/t50 Blinds - 7 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

CO: t2720 M = 36.27
BTN: t2025 M = 27
SB: t4115 M = 54.87
BB: t1395 M = 18.60
UTG: t2870 M = 38.27
Hero (UTG+1): t720 M = 9.60
MP: t1155 M = 15.40

Pre Flop: (t75) Hero is UTG+1 with J:heart: A:diamond:
1 fold, Hero raises to t125, 3 folds, SB calls t100, 1 fold

Flop: (t300) Q:diamond: 3:diamond: Q:club: (2 players)
SB bets t350, Hero raises to t595 all in, SB calls t245

Turn: (t1490) 8:spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: (t1490) 7:spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not great, but i prefer that to the alternative of having people call behind with weird stuff, and then having us check/fold flop, or worse, c-bet/fold flop.

The next blind level has a lot to do with it too, if the blinds change in like a minutes time, then were left with about 7bb's, if we make our raise, and are left with 5bb's, then we are in a lot worse shape.

Interesting spot, but i think im just gonna jam this in. Of course, it's probably not great to get yourself left with 700 chips, but im sure things happen like that sometimes.

X

Xavier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold Preflop.

Your stack is too deep to really make an all in shove the right play and you're not gaining much by picking up the blinds whilst with 4 players behind there is a signinficant chance of getting called by a stronger hand. AJ is not that strong a hand, and hard to play postflop, so raising feels icky too.

You should definitely standard raise on the button with AJ with that stack and possibly from CO but not from that position.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Too deep? To add to that SNG wiz chart, if the blinds are about to go up, we can adjust our edge to a negative one, which will widen our range further. But really, we arn't too deep to shove, but it's a close spot. I don't mind which, but folding or shoving are the best options i feel.

I really don't think were in a good situation to just raise, it puts us in really bad/weird/ugly spots when we get called.

For me, this depends a lot on when the blinds are going up.

Attachments

• $EV.JPG
    $EV.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 27
P

pat3392

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Too deep? To add to that SNG wiz chart, if the blinds are about to go up, we can adjust our edge to a negative one, which will widen our range further. But really, we arn't too deep to shove, but it's a close spot. I don't mind which, but folding or shoving are the best options i feel.

I really don't think were in a good situation to just raise, it puts us in really bad/weird/ugly spots when we get called.

That SnG wizard looks fun, I got to play around with that. What is better, SnG Wizard or SnG Power Tools?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The former. Easily. If you want some help with it, PM me.

P

pat3392

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The former. Easily. If you want some help with it, PM me.

cools thanks for the offer :) I'll play around with it later and send you a PM with some questions, cheers mate

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I think the diagram even pushes it more in favor of a shove because considering BB's stack size and the fact that losing against us would put him in horrible shape, I don't think he'll call w/ 21% of hands. Depends on reads though I guess.

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah im probably just going to get it all in pre so i wont have to deal with a spot like this.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the diagram even pushes it more in favor of a shove because considering BB's stack size and the fact that losing against us would put him in horrible shape, I don't think he'll call w/ 21% of hands. Depends on reads though I guess.

It's a $3 sng. And if you input this situation, i highly doubt a change of the BB's calling range will widen our range much, if at all. I usually set it at around ~20% when i have no reads, just a decent BB calling range for Low limit SNG's.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a turbo so the blinds are always about to go up, they're also about to hit us. Plus we're the short stack by a significant margin and we'll need to make something happen in the near future.

I'm OK with folding this if we want to be conservative but personally, I'm probably shoving it.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a turbo so the blinds are always about to go up, they're also about to hit us. Plus we're the short stack by a significant margin and we'll need to make something happen in the near future.

I'm OK with folding this if we want to be conservative but personally, I'm probably shoving it.

Ahh, ok, didn't see that, in that case, we can take our slightly Negative edge and shove it pretty profitably.