$3.40 NLHE STT: Q8o HU

F

FastandFurious

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker stars No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t200.00/t400.00 Blinds - 2 players - View hand 1234767
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN/SB: t6735.00 16.84 BBs - VPIP: 26, PFR: 18, 3B: 1, AF: 5.4, hands: 292
Hero (BB): t6765.00 16.91 BBs - VPIP: 15, PFR: 12, 3B: 5, AF: 3.2, Hands: 76031

Pre Flop: (t600) Hero is BB with 8 :diamond: Q :heart:
BTN/SB calls t200, Hero checks

Flop: (t800) K :spade: Q :club: 8 :heart: (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN/SB bets t800.00, Hero calls t800

Turn: (t2400) 9 :club: (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN/SB bets t2000.00, ??

Filtered by 2-3:
BTN:VPIP:47 PRF:32 AF:inf Hands:59

I thought I was against a typical aggro player.. What to do on the turn? call/trap again or check/shove to protect & for value? In case I check turn..Should I probably check/call or bet/call river?

F

FastandFurious

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
?

get it in.

Yeah I was just wondering if I can trap the turn once again and flat call and do the same on the river but I wonder if the board allows me to do that.. I mean it's getting a bit "scary" right and who knows villain will slow down/give up on the river..

seanDCFC

seanDCFC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I was just wondering if I can trap the turn once again and flat call and do the same on the river but I wonder if the board allows me to do that.. I mean it's getting a bit "scary" right and who knows villain will slow down/give up on the river..

No need to even consider a call on the turn, the pot is huge and villain has put in a large portion of their stack. Dont try anything fancy in these spots just get the money in.

Last edited:
W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well not really. We're out of position here, meaning to trap we have to check the river. It would be a disaster for villain to also check the river back to us. After they have invested such a heavy portion of their stack, they are pretty much never folding, so just get it in now.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ship the nickels you must.

Plenty of worse hands call us (Kx, Qx, pair + draw, maybe worse). We can't rely on villain to do our betting for us with a worse hand on the river so if we just called the turn we'd have to lead the river and I think more stuff calls us if we shove the turn than if we call and shove the river.