$3.30 PLO MTT Rebuy: PLO River Decision. Check or Bet.

Micro Maven

Micro Maven

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, we're on the bubble of a PLO tourney(top 18 paid),

My stack: about 13BB
Villains: ~30
My hand: Ks Kh 7s 8d
Board: 8s Ac 6c Kd 7d

The action: Folded around to me and I open from button, both blinds call (both are top 10ish stacks). The flop is checked around. On turn I bet about 1/2 pot and both players continue. On the river both check to me.

Is the 7 too dangerous considering our holdings or is a check missing too much value from weak opponents?

This was a re-buy tourney so bubble is bigger than normal. I can't think of many combos they could have that we could get value from but I want to hear what other people think. Maybe an Ax67 hand?

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK. I am NOT a PLO player....but I think you should value bet the river. If you're only willing to value bet with the actual nuts, you're going to miss a lot of river value. I feel like any AA type hand may have reraised you out of the blinds. but yeah....sometimes you'll be shown some wacky straight and you'll bubble. MY bet would be at least one of them has busted clubs and the other has some kind of ace. maybe one of them made 2 pair and will pay you off.

FYI: I do play PLO8 and in this case I would DEFINITELY check/call the river in that situation...but on the other hand I probably wouldn't even be in this pot in PLO8 with that hand...

sorry my reply is not more helpful, I just saw that nobody else had replied to you yet and I don't want you to feel lonely! :)

Last edited:
Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't play a lot of PLO either, but have won over my limited sample. In any case, I can't help wondering how much you opened for as well as how the blinds had been playing. Also, what were the rest of the stacks like?

Absent this info, it's even harder to comment.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably you have to bet bigger on turn.

3way its a tough rivercard and it also depends with what hands villain will call off.
Lets say you have the best hand on river but villain(s) will never call of with worse cause they see the straight, you shouldn never bet the river, if they are ca[able of bluffraising river also check behind (if you are not capable to call these bluffraises), if they make loose calls with various 2 pair hands I would bet.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course the 7 is a dangerous card.

Just check and hope your hand holds up.

Micro Maven

Micro Maven

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ty for responses.
@miss I agree against good players I should bet, and if it wasn't bubble I probably would but the fact that both called and the player pool is usually level 1 thinkers made me cautious
@arjon I honestly just play this tourney while doing other things most times. With anonymous players, table shuffling on Bovada I only take notes if I see something really weird or if I play a big pot with them and even then the note function on the software seems to not work several times for me. Avg. stack size I'd guess is 20-30 BB at that point and there are always a few players with 6-7 bb so I wouldn't have been low man but close.

SB had KJ10s4s, 2nd pair and gutter ball
BB had A5s6sJ, top n bottom, no draw

I think they could easily play an A10 with 4 n 5 of clubs the same way or something just as junky, given these reveals. I also think if I bet river they have to put me on AK, set or bluff and I'm not sure that 1 player missed and the other made A's up often enough to offset the chances that one back doored me.