$3.30 NLHE STT: 6Max SnG bluff straightforward player on bubble?

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Winning Poker Network (Yatahay) - 75/150 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 3 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BB): 10.88 BB
BTN: 14.09 BB (VPIP: 25.88, PFR: 20.36, 3Bet Preflop: 7.84, hands: 174)
SB: 35.03 BB (VPIP: 31.82, PFR: 20.31, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 69)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J:club: 8:heart:

fold, SB raises to 2 BB, Hero calls 1 BB

Flop: (4 BB, 2 players) 3:diamond: 4:heart: 5:club:
SB bets 2 BB, Hero raises to 8.88 BB and is all-in, SB calls 6.88 BB

Villain in this spot I have 70 hands on him. He is playing extremely straightforward and seems to be afraid of bubbling.

So far we've had many blind vs. blind confrontations (as the button is kinda passive) and he gives me a fair amount of walks, and he also limps his medium hands and raises with his good hands. Basically, straightforward as I said. His Cbet stats are 50% and he folds to a Cbet 67% of the time.

OK so in this particular spot he raises preflop so I'm putting him on a range of any ace or 2 big cards. obviously pocket pairs too. I defend in position with a playable hand, plus I think I can outplay him and exploit his fear of bubbling.

when he cbets the flop I'm thinking that flop missed his likely range. He might have a wheel draw but I think I can get him to lay it down. Obviously vs. most of his pocket pairs he will call when I jam here but he'll have a lot more unpaired big cards in his range than pocket pairs, I think.

Plus, he is afraid of bubbling. so I jam. Too risky?

P

PBG789

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My take on this one is that when villain c-bets he is fully aware of hero stack size and isn't planning on folding. If he stacks off and loses he still has 25BB and this feels like a spot where he wanted this.

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Winning Poker Network (Yatahay) - 75/150 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 3 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BB): 10.88 BB
BTN: 14.09 BB (VPIP: 25.88, PFR: 20.36, 3Bet Preflop: 7.84, Hands: 174)
SB: 35.03 BB (VPIP: 31.82, PFR: 20.31, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 69)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J<font color='black'>♣</font> 8<font color='red'>♥</font>

fold, SB raises to 2 BB, Hero calls 1 BB

Flop: (4 BB, 2 players) 3<font color='red'>♦</font> 4<font color='red'>♥</font> 5<font color='black'>♣</font>
SB bets 2 BB, Hero raises to 8.88 BB and is all-in, SB calls 6.88 BB

Villain in this spot I have 70 hands on him. He is playing extremely straightforward and seems to be afraid of bubbling.

So far we've had many blind vs. blind confrontations (as the button is kinda passive) and he gives me a fair amount of walks, and he also limps his medium hands and raises with his good hands. Basically, straightforward as I said. His Cbet stats are 50% and he folds to a Cbet 67% of the time.

OK so in this particular spot he raises preflop so I'm putting him on a range of any ace or 2 big cards. obviously pocket pairs too. I defend in position with a playable hand, plus I think I can outplay him and exploit his fear of bubbling.

when he cbets the flop I'm thinking that flop missed his likely range. He might have a wheel draw but I think I can get him to lay it down. Obviously vs. most of his pocket pairs he will call when I jam here but he'll have a lot more unpaired big cards in his range than pocket pairs, I think.

Plus, he is afraid of bubbling. so I jam. Too risky?

It's a fold preflop. SB has 35BB you have 10...but with a stronger hand like KJ, you can defend your blind with a reraise allin IMO. ;)

A

Ambur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jep, it is preflop decision!

OP: postflop - muck your hand ASAP to avoid further mistakes. I do not believe you have any FE postflop?

35BB vs ~11BB + hero hand strenght overall! imo

Last edited:
Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah. You are all right. It was a spew on my end. A spew that worked and doubled me up; but I played it wrong. Thanks.

I

Icefavorit

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold or push preflop!call on preflop is poor game!this is my opinion!