$3.30 NLHE Rebuy: JJ vs 2 all ins ????

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$3.30 NL HE Rebuy: JJ vs 2 all ins ????

Blinds are 30k/60k. I have 1.7 million chips in the co, villain 1 has 1.5 million and villain 2 has 700k on the btn.

Villain 1 has been raising frequently with middle pairs +, A8su-AKsu - it's been hard to put him on whether he has 88, AKsu or AA. He does the same raise everytime and any time he opens with a raise he will call all in shoves.

Villain 2 has been a very tight nit but he's on the btn and is short stack for the table.

Preflop I had already decided that I was going to open shove if got to me unopened or reraise all in if 1 of 4 opps ahead of me open the pot. I had already decided if 1 of 2 of my opps opens the pot then I will call, see a flop first before deciding further how to act. Villain 1 was one of those I had decided to see a flop first.

So Villain 1 does his standard raise, I call and then Villain 2 (btn) shoves. I took up most of the time I had left deciding what to do. As you see, I folded.

Honestly I put the btn on QQ-AA and nothing else from the way he had been playing. When he showed his hand I was shocked.

So I feel like I might have made a mistake here, not because I would have won but because I failed to consider "the desperate acts of a short stack". I don't know, maybe I'm feeling this way because I turned into a big nit myself when I got this deep in the tourney. We started with 6400+ opps and at this point we were down to 31 people left.

Advise please:
Stacks:
* UTG+1 with 3631802
* MP1 with 1249578
* MP2 with 1521945
* MP3 with 1919272
* CO with 1770966
* BTN with 770307
* SB with 1847726
* BB with 1963852
* UTG with 385518

hand.pl

hand.pl

Blinds: 30000/60000
Site: pokerstars
* * Dealt to CO:J♠ J♥
* * Sklansky group 1
Preflop:
* * 3 players fold.
* * MP2 raises 120000 to 180000
* * 1 players fold.
* * Hero calls [180000]
* * BTN raises 584307 to 764307 [ all-in ]
* * 2 players fold.
* * MP2 raises 751638 to 1515945 [ all-in ]
* * 1 players fold.
* * Uncalled bet (751638) returned to MP2
* * Total folds this street: 7
* * Potsize: 2550252
Flop:
* * 9♣ J♣ 8♥
Turn:
* * 3♣
River:
* * 6♠
Results:
* * MP2 shows a pair of Jacks:
* * A♦ J♦
* * BTN shows a pair of Tens:
* * 10♣ 10♥
* * MP2 collected 1852614 from pot

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You followed what is a sound playing strategy. Let the smaller stacks take themselves out. You are questioning yourself because of the results. Don't pay attention to that. Calling the small stacks can take a toll on your chip stack.

Snowmobiler

Snowmobiler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its an ez fold for me since we only limped in.
With the 2 all-ins your Js arn't going to win that often.

Snow :cool:

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have to agree with BBB :eek: :) & Snow here, you have a solid game plan & it has been working for you. Trust your reads.

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You followed what is a sound playing strategy. Let the smaller stacks take themselves out. You are questioning yourself because of the results. Don't pay attention to that. Calling the small stacks can take a toll on your chip stack.

I'm trying to tell myself that this isn't the reason I'm questioning my fold, but I know it certainly plays a part.

I watch the chip leaders accumulate their chip stacks by taking out the shorter stacks and feel like I should have been more aggressive instead of passive. That is a big factor for me, that I was not taking enough risks.

TYVM for your feedback - all 3 of you - it is consistent and makes me feel better about the fold.

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
^^^^^ what they said ...agree this would be an auto fold for me

Villain 2 's M is less than 10 and when you dealt 10s that looks like As

Villain 1 has chips and is loose and Js is a great hand 3 handed

Neither one of these players played it wrong

good lay down

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess i will play devils advocate and say i dont like the fold.
Even though BTN is a nit the fact he has roughly 12BBs is/should open up his range alot and this is a perfect spot for him to re-steal.

MP2 has been opening alot of pots and your flat call means neither villain are gonna put u on a very strong hand so this looks to him as perfect squeze spot so the BTN is/should shove with basicly any pair,most aces and and any broadways.
A range we obvs have crushed.

If your read is correct that MP2 is going to call/re-shove with most of his opening range you have to call.

I realize minamizing varience deep in tourneys can be important but i just dont thing this is the spot for a hero fold.
Effective stacks are 25bb and where given a good price on a shove from a shorty and a laggy player that will stack of light acording to your read and where holding a good under repped hand.

Seems like a no brainer call to me.

Btw how did the tourney go?

p.s
Please leave results out next time they do and will skew any anlyses.

trashcan

trashcan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Given the action, I would call the iso for sure...

M

mrjohnson911

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would have preferred a raise to villain 1s open raise but the way you played it calling and then the two shoves I fully understand your fold...

dont question too much... villain 1 could easily have been having AQ+ and you dont want to flip a coin that deep in the tourney if you know you can outplay them..

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With the range you put Villain1 on and the flat stacks of everyone behind you except the BTN I would be AI here in this spot to isolate against Villain1. The BTN may have called which would make it easier for Villain1 to call also but the BTN may have just folded also depending on how she saw your shove range.

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TY. (I've always been bad about leaving results in, it's not something I think about when posting - I think "Did I do this right?" LOL! But I will make more effort as you are right, it does tend to skew analysis)

I've been thinking about this more.

I either fold pf, but I don't really see this as any kind of viable option so I really shouldn't even mention it.

I should have reraised his 3x bb pfr or shoved ai before btn had a chance to act. What made me call his initial raise was that I did feel strong about being able to outplay him on the flop. My preflop decisions weren't the best, I was being a real nit at the table, more so than I recall ever having done before. But post flop - I have to say my post flop was great - in that area I was "in the zone".

Again this goes back to me playing like a nit during that time, I made some poor preflop decisions. I guess my biggest fear was being put in an ai pos pf with JJ knowing it would probably be a coin flip and I just don't like being in a coinflip at this stage.

I think my reads are on Villain 1 are pretty accurate, I was at the table with him for awhile and had made a lot of notes on him.

ljove

ljove

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
JJ is very hard hand for play.JJ is there to knock you out from tournament.Don't worry for that three of a kind that you have been missed.In my experience there is a lot of examples when I have lost on JJ.
It is always good to throw away JJ

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry, I forget to answer on how the tourney went. I lost out in 22nd place, prize was $141 which isn't bad on a $3 investment (actually $9, I had 1 rebuy and did the add on). I attempted to buy a pot with A 10 os and got busted by AJ then got blinded out 2 hands later.

J

j0na1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wanted to add: you played that good. It just turned out u would have had the best hand if u would have called, but that's not what you should be thinking about. You can't think result oriented (or you would never play AA again after a bad beat.)

pakha

pakha

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Right logical fold... But y must play with not cards... Y should called because y know image of y opps... But y fold.. It's y move omg...

lektrikguy

lektrikguy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right logical fold... But y must play with not cards... Y should called because y know image of y opps... But y fold.. It's y move omg...

y dont understand of y post...not y bit of yt