$3.30 NLHE MTT Turbo: K4o. Do you push this?

lilu80

lilu80

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
pokerstars Hand #132403268113: Tournament #1164584940, $3.00+$0.30 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XVI (350/700) - 2015/03/21 12:23:20 CET [2015/03/21 7:23:20 ET] Table '1164584940 289' 9-max Seat #2 is the button

CO: t22342 M = 12.31
BTN: t4852 M = 2.67
Hero (SB): t10440 M = 5.75
BB: t9181 M = 5.06
UTG: t8240 M = 4.54
UTG+1: t27132 M = 14.95
UTG+2: t8110 M = 4.47
MP1: t8248 M = 4.54
MP2: t19778 M = 10.90

Pre Flop: (t1815) Hero is SB with K :spade: 4 :club:
7 folds, Hero raises to t10355 all in, BB calls t8396 all in

Flop: (t18957) K :diamond: Q :diamond: 9 :club: (2 players - 2 are all in)

Turn: (t18957) A :heart: (2 players - 2 are all in)

River: (t18957) 9 :spade: (2 players - 2 are all in)

BB shows 8 :spade: 7 :spade:

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
K4o very marginal hand for shove here, you still have 14bb this not very short stack, so raise around 2.2x will be better then push... If villain shove you can fold, if call you can win in postflop..

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
r/f or limp/bet seems good.

Jamming is likely slightly profitable considering villian only has 8k chips so generally anything but folding is going to be a good play here :).

A

Ambur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
r/f or limp/bet seems good.

Are you talking about preflop action? If so, how can hero limp/bet? - hero can limp/raise imo

same goes for r/f - how can hero raise/fold - hero can b/f on preflop!

You can raise only when someone has already made bet.

Last edited:
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Are you talking about preflop action? If so, how can hero limp/bet? - hero can limp/raise imo

Limp pre & bet flop.

raise/fold... they can raise & fold to a shove

pretty sure you can 'open' raise

A

Ambur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Limp pre & bet flop.

raise/fold... they can raise & fold to a shove

pretty sure you can 'open' raise

At least now i understand what he mean! I looked wikipedia and "raise" meaning is pretty clearly defined! Although, Thanks for making it more clear! Maybe should get our own poker term's glossary or something, if we do not have yet (I dunno).

Wikipedia says: To raise is to increase the size of an existing bet in the same betting round.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

ya sorry preflop action, i should be more clear. You should have a lot of options in your arsenal. Options here are imo

1. fold
2. Limp preflop and Bet the flop half pot (limp/bet)
2.1 Limp preflop, check flop and if checked back bet the turn
3. raise preflop and fold to a re-raise (r/f)
3.1 raise preflop and bet the flop
4. Jam preflop

There are other plays you can make, but these are the most common ones. Depending on villian some may be better than others, but all have pros/cons. Also hand type affects things greatly too.

A

Ambur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya sorry preflop action, i should be more clear. You should have a lot of options in your arsenal. Options here are imo

1. fold
2. Limp preflop and Bet the flop half pot (limp/bet)
2.1 Limp preflop, check flop and if checked back bet the turn
3. raise preflop and fold to a re-raise (r/f)
3.1 raise preflop and bet the flop
4. Jam preflop

There are other plays you can make, but these are the most common ones. Depending on villian some may be better than others, but all have pros/cons. Also hand type affects things greatly too.

Thanks for your answer, since i am usually using "bet" word when the pot is unopened and "raise" means that i am re-raising!

At least for now on, i hope i can understand you better :)

Note that, English is not my mother tongue! And i belive there is a lot of more ppl here :)

I will add wikipedia link to spoiler

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betting_in_poker#Raise

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no it's me, you're english is fine. I just post quickly and don't explain things clearly in a lot of cases.

B

bremensha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
w/ 7 players passing in front of you there is a big chance (make it about 50%) that BB has an ace. Therefor you need at last a 9 as 2nd card.

stevenright

stevenright

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
raise/fold is a really bad play there and depends too much on information on opponent, if you think he will be doing that often you should raise and call all in, doesnt matter if you have K4, you are still beating most of his shove/bluffs.

i think good plays there would be raise and if he raises you shove, or raise all in, or just fold preflop if you are afraid of him, but its just a bad move either way... unless he is super tight you could raise and fold... as i said, you should probably be making moves on your thoughts about his image.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
raise/fold is a really bad play there and depends too much on information on opponent, if you think he will be doing that often you should raise and call all in, doesnt matter if you have K4, you are still beating most of his shove/bluffs.

i think good plays there would be raise and if he raises you shove, or raise all in, or just fold preflop if you are afraid of him, but its just a bad move either way... unless he is super tight you could raise and fold... as i said, you should probably be making moves on your thoughts about his image.

raise/fold is a great play vs a nit who will only rejam or call with the goods. But that's pretty much the only scenario which it would be a good play overall so i get your point. However there is a time and place for everything if we have the right information.

The above i posted is just a summary of all the weapons we can use here by default i think some are used way more than others depending on your style (for me it's limp and bet flop), but vs a nit i would almost always raise and fold to his rejam here, so it's just about what is optimal vs whatever opponant you face, but by default with no info i limp here and bet the flop almost always.

UhhWee

UhhWee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would consider raising or folding here. i wouldnt push with k4o here!