$3.30 NLHE MTT: good lay down with top pair or not ?

L

limakpl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
http://www.handconverter.com/hands/2761919

No reads , i think this is a pure value check-raise, I only beat or chop against A2, A3 A5 and lose to any other ace up to AJ or AQ.

Would anyone have guts to do this with pocket pairs 22 through TT except 44 and 99?

good fold ?

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is not very easy pot, fold on raise its fine game, because not many players can play check/raise with only draw or second pair+draw on ace high-board..Very often, villain will have top pair with best kicker or set..

S

Stephenunited

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$3.30 NLHE MTT: good lay down with top pair or not ?

Hi limakpl. I am of the opinion this is a GOOD FOLD.

PRE FLOP: The 2.5x raise is fine. You can't afford to fold decent hands like this one at this stage in a tournament. You are probably expecting at least one caller (depending on table dynamic), and they could call with KQ or really any suited connector given its a small raise.

FLOP: The bet is fine. I believe your opponent probably thinks you have an ace given your raise (depends on your previous play of course). When an ace comes out on the flop, I believe your opponent is folding to the bet, without an ace or better. He may have hit a two pair with his Ax (very likely given that he did not re-raise, so may have called with a weak ace and hit two pair). He may also have hit trips on a low pocket pair (possibility given his call and no re-raise). And of course possibly AK or AQ etc. REMEMBER at a 9 seated table, the chance of another person ALSO holding an ace is 69%.

I think with a lower pair than ace, or a flush draw, opponent is just calling.

I think this is good play and I would have played it the same. A re-raise almost always spells trouble (in my experience).

Ozzzzy

Ozzzzy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise on preflop is bad. A6s is weak hand if u know that 1 player in bank already and bb should be in bank too. Its easy call on preflop and fold on flop.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Standard fold.

I can feel he has a better kicker here.

No sense in continuing.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise IP is fine pre.

I prolly bet flop bigger. As played it is a fold.