$3.30 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: Should I shove here?

W

Wickedestjr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Final table of a 156 player tournament. Seven players left, I have six big blinds left and am pretty much tied for last place. I have a clean image and I suffered a big bad beat just a few hands ago. I am dealt J9s UTG+1. Should I shove?

Thanks in advance

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think shoving is a big mistake. When called you will generally have 2 live cards and even better sometimes be flipping against an underpair.

Also depends on the pay jumps and other people still left, are any likely to bust in the next orbit cause of their crazy playstyle etc?

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What other players have size stack ? If also around 5-10bb this hand only fold, if they all have big stacks, easy shove.

A

AviCKter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Final table of a 156 player tournament. Seven players left, I have six big blinds left and am pretty much tied for last place. I have a clean image and I suffered a big bad beat just a few hands ago. I am dealt J9s UTG+1. Should I shove?

Thanks in advance

Its an easy shove according to Kill Everyone.

But I personally would not shove here. Pay jumps is a very important consideration and blind level is the determining factor, if its a 10-15 min blind, its a clear fold. In general, I would never play that lose in a final table. I would shove something like {KQ+, AT+, 77+} UTG+1. Just my opinion though.

ghOst

ghOst

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Thanks in advance
NOOooooOOooo =) sorry. I've made this mistake so many times. 7th is not good enough. You could as least get 5th or better. If you feel like one of your wings are burning, then go down safely instead of aggressively. All you're doing is trying to steal the blinds super early! I think if I was on that table, I would've just seen you as tilting lol

A

Ambur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AI, no matter the result. imo

9Js is solid holding 6bb left, we play for the win!

B

bremensha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not a bad hand for a 6 BB shove. Where do you wait for ?

X

xxMorpheusxx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd jam, take the flip if your in last. I need to work on my ICM game but I'm pretty sure that if your in last it's a much smaller factor than if your a mid stack.

If I have other tables up and I think the result might tilt me. I shove and minimize the window if I need to review it later I can. I won't look at it while I am still playing though.

GDBPoker

GDBPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with one of the statements above, I'd be thinking you're tilting, unless I've seen you react otherwise earlier in the tournament. So because of that potential tilt factor, plus the 6bb, you've got to think they'd be calling you a little wider than usual. That adds a whole lot of J's into their range, so you have a much higher chance of being dominated here.

I say fold, and hope to wake up with a decent hand in the next orbit.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
How does shoving a 6bb stack look like he's tilting?
I'm serious in asking this question & it helps me to hear what you guys are thinking when you come up with this perception.

tks

W

Wickedestjr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As I said before, it's not like I shoved the immediate next hand after my bad beat. I folded two hands, waiting for a good spot. Shouldn't have come across as tilt.

There weren't really any crazy loose players left in the game.

Stack sizes;
My six bb stack, a seven bb stack, four 12-25 bb stacks, and a huge overwhelming chip leader

JohnCPoker17

JohnCPoker17

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm serious in asking this question & it helps me to hear what you guys are thinking when you come up with this perception.

tks

I think he was referring to the previous bad beat. I suppose his logic is most people tilt after a bad beat especially deep in tourney so from villain's perspective, the heroes range is as wide as the Great Wall of China.

Anywho, I'd personally fold and wait for a better spot. Despite the other comments, I don't believe there are many flip situations unless you're up against pockets. Otherwise you're up against 2 overs or and overlapped J. I do understand you'd probably have +ev and it would be positive ICM aswell, but tbh your hand is best in multi-way pots. I know it's dreaded, but I don't think just a flat call would be deadly here assuming you'd be willing to all in anyways. Any raiser you would shove to, any limp/folder you make equity on. But it's a very tactical hand, I believe there's no mistake in either option, it just depends on your personal preferences.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think he was referring to the previous bad beat. I suppose his logic is most people tilt after a bad beat especially deep in tourney

Oh. ok.
Just seems odd to me because I don't assume this. I never do this. And 'most' players I know never do this either.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The problem is, J9s is not a good hand and someone who calls most likely would be better than ours going for showdown.

D

dean1810

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
naah dont shove, 6 bigs is finee wait for BB position and you and prety much call ATC if shoved to you cuz if u win one flip u are back to 12bb with good fold eq to countinue to play. Its not over till u lose all your chips, one time i had 3 bigs at utg, bad beat also, folded utg, called any at bb was like 1200 people left, at the end of the tourney finished 11th, so my advice to you is to never quit.

N

neilv93

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shove for me. Blinds up next so you can't wait around for ages. Usually two live cards or flipping vs. an underpair as stated so not a bad play IMO.

But it's my favourite hand so maybe I'm just playing favouritism :p

GDBPoker

GDBPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

tks

Ok I think I could have worded my post better. To expand, I would think hero more likely to shove wider because of stack size and previous bad beat, where without the bad beat hero may be more patient. Especially in a $3.30 MTT.

Without you, or most players you know, input into the actual question asked in this post, Im not sure if you are saying this because you think the hand is an auto shove with this stack size. Be interested to see your actual feedback in regards to the question posted, along with your thought process