$3.30 NLHE MTT: Aggressive in position on wet board with j9s

L

limakpl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
http://www.handconverter.com/hands/2790474

From time to time I take spots like this where I can have position on some lag etc. and so far these spots are really profitable for me.

I don't remember well but i think this opponent was loose preflop but he knew when to fold on later streets.
I guess what I did on turn was a perfect bluff opportunity, but call for value would be better right ?
I thought that because board is pretty wet connects a lot to his range he might be able to call min raise, also taking into consideration fact that he bet the turn showing some strength.

IF i called the turn and a meaningless card came on the river like 3c how big would you bet if he checked or how much would you raise if he bet ?

A

Alexandru24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise on the flop I think it's better. If villan folds you win with nothing, if he calls or raises you have a lot of outs 2 times. The raise on the turn was good. The K should be in his range more often so you can get there a lot of value.
Played it fine, he dindn't have anything I guess.

Last edited:
W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
raise or flat turn depends on the opponant. Since he knows how to fold, he might fold a 2nd pair/top pair hand, so i'd just flat and let him bet the river.

IF i called the turn and a meaningless card came on the river like 3c how big would you bet if he checked or how much would you raise if he bet ?

If he checks he is usually either doing two things...

1. pot controlling meaning no amount we bet will matter that much

2. he's giving up, meaning no amount we bet will matter that much

so that points to a small bet being a good option here.

If he double barrels i'm never bluffing here really especially if a blank card hits, unless i have a super good read on his range and i'm confidant in the read and it feels right to me in that particular spot, i can count on one hand the times these things have all lined up for me.