L

limakpl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi ,

Story so far villian is a calling station

he limps from MP with 9Qo and gets raised by SB he calls and he call in pos on every street on TKQ86.

he limps TKo on the next hand . WIth Ajo he open for 3 BB

So you have an idea of his range .

and few hands later I play against him.

http://www.handconverter.com/hands/2761907

What would you do on the flop, turn and river ? I figured out that I am behind on this board. I can't really c-bet here , right ?

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am fold turn because on board 3 overcard and it makes no sense to call this bet, you can be far behind.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree above, should have fold turn.

Most likely he has better pair than you because of those overcards.

L

leorulex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I c-bet 33% in flop and if only call bet again in turn, if he raise i fold

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi ,

Story so far villian is a calling station

he limps from MP with 9Qo and gets raised by SB he calls and he call in pos on every street on TKQ86.

he limps TKo on the next hand . WIth Ajo he open for 3 BB

So you have an idea of his range .

and few hands later I play against him.

http://www.handconverter.com/hands/2761907

What would you do on the flop, turn and river ? I figured out that I am behind on this board. I can't really c-bet here , right ?

Against callingstations, you must wait for good hands. It's easy to do with ~126BB. :)

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't like the raise preflop at all. It's a spot i see alot of players have trouble and get into trouble with.... This UTG player has cards, he wants to see a flop with. So our raise accomplishes one thing, to build the pot up. now we're OOP, and we are almost always going to be facing overcards with our hand, so it really doesn't play well at all in a raised pot here, and essentially on most flops we will be c-betting and bluffing hoping he folds, so in theory, it does not matter that we have 99 here, we might as well do this with 23s because almost everyflop we bet at will just be a bluff. Now since we're pretty deep, and this player is likely pretty bad, we can go with a much cheaper and much less risky option of calling preflop which does two things....

1. Keeps the pot really small, now this player is likely pretty straightforward, he will fold if he misses, bet/call if he hits the flop, so we can just lead out at any flop and he will tell us if he's hit or not, so we can still either extract value with our hand on favourable flops, or it keeps the pot really really small if we miss.

2. gives us the chance of stacking him by letting him stay in the pot. Obviously he will likely call almsot always, but by seeing a flop we can let the BB in cheaply, and build a nice multiway pot for when we do actually hit a set.

So for me, limping the SB is absolutely the best option we have here, however...

as played just bet flop and hope to bluff it and take it down, checking down on later streets. Just because he's shown to have things in that type of flop texture does not mean we should just give up initiative once we (in my eyes) made the mistake of raising into this player preflop, these types will tend to fold with nothing and call if they hit, so it makes our later decisions pretty easy if we just bet 1/3 pot on the flop or something.

luizmarinho

luizmarinho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't like the raise preflop at all. It's a spot i see alot of players have trouble and get into trouble with.... This UTG player has cards, he wants to see a flop with. So our raise accomplishes one thing, to build the pot up. now we're OOP, and we are almost always going to be facing overcards with our hand, so it really doesn't play well at all in a raised pot here, and essentially on most flops we will be c-betting and bluffing hoping he folds, so in theory, it does not matter that we have 99 here, we might as well do this with 23s because almost everyflop we bet at will just be a bluff. Now since we're pretty deep, and this player is likely pretty bad, we can go with a much cheaper and much less risky option of calling preflop which does two things....

1. Keeps the pot really small, now this player is likely pretty straightforward, he will fold if he misses, bet/call if he hits the flop, so we can just lead out at any flop and he will tell us if he's hit or not, so we can still either extract value with our hand on favourable flops, or it keeps the pot really really small if we miss.

2. gives us the chance of stacking him by letting him stay in the pot. Obviously he will likely call almsot always, but by seeing a flop we can let the BB in cheaply, and build a nice multiway pot for when we do actually hit a set.

So for me, limping the SB is absolutely the best option we have here, however...

as played just bet flop and hope to bluff it and take it down, checking down on later streets. Just because he's shown to have things in that type of flop texture does not mean we should just give up initiative once we (in my eyes) made the mistake of raising into this player preflop, these types will tend to fold with nothing and call if they hit, so it makes our later decisions pretty easy if we just bet 1/3 pot on the flop or something.

Agreed, 99 I play for set value because 90% of times will come higher cards on board, but as it was raised before flop, a cbet would be able to find where you are in the hand actually, if villain had position and you check, a bet from him means almost nothing, but I think was a good fold or you should have folded even on turn.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cbet the flop,as played fold the turn.