$3.30 NLHE Bounty: Turned quads, how do I get paid?

• Thread starter BigThingWithHolesInIt
  • Start date
B

BigThingWithHolesInIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$3.30 NL HE Bounty: Turned quads, how do I get paid?

Sorry but the hand converters messed this one up so I have to post it like this.
Just got placed at this table one hand ago so I have no read whatsoever.

full tilt poker Game #23440234956: $3 + $0.30 KO Sit & Go (181222041), Table 9 - 60/120 - No Limit Hold'em - 18:29:14 ET - 2010/08/28
Seat 1: crowkiller88 (12,550)
Seat 2: reycom7 (12,425)
Seat 3: corewin (7,985)
Seat 4: winz10b (9,665)
Seat 6: EetDit (9,655) <--hero
Seat 7: BoruKusk (6,380)

Seat 8: rustyhand41 (10,240)
Seat 9: koka297 (11,315)
EetDit posts the small blind of 60
BoruKusk posts the big blind of 120

The button is in seat #5
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to EetDit [7h 4h]
rustyhand41 folds
koka297 folds
crowkiller88 folds
reycom7 raises to 240
corewin folds
winz10b calls 240
EetDit calls 180
BoruKusk calls 120
*** FLOP *** [7c Ad 7d]
EetDit checks
BoruKusk bets 600
reycom7 calls 600
winz10b folds
EetDit raises to 2,200
BoruKusk calls 1,600

reycom7 folds
*** TURN *** [7c Ad 7d] [7s]
EetDit checks
BoruKusk checks

*** RIVER *** [7c Ad 7d 7s] [9d]
EetDit ??

I don't know if I like my check on the turn, perhaps a half pot bet would make it look like I didn't have a 7?
The river completes a flush draw, should that influence our strategy at all?
I haven't been in this sort of situation very often before so any tips are welcome.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bettttt, an ace is never folding this turn, some flush draws will (unwisely) chase, etc. You wanna get your whole stack in here, so you really have to bet the turn.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold preflop and it's not even close.

TheOne2Watch

TheOne2Watch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have either pushed all-in with the hopes he caught or bet at least half the flop.

The PoolBoy

The PoolBoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ship it in and get paid....presto...obv hes got weak ace and calling for believe chop

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't even get to the flop in the hand history. We are in the small blind and there has been a raise before it gets to us. We have a crap hand and should fold.

What did you have planned for the flop when you miss it 95% of the time? Bet and hope to make everyone fold?

Even if you do hit the flop hard it will be hard to get paid for it as we are out of position.

Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't even get to the flop in the hand history. We are in the small blind and there has been a raise before it gets to us. We have a crap hand and should fold.

What did you have planned for the flop when you miss it 95% of the time? Bet and hope to make everyone fold?

Even if you do hit the flop hard it will be hard to get paid for it as we are out of position.

I am with you on this. I was so baffled by why we are calling pf here I couldnt even analyze the rest of the hand.

B

BigThingWithHolesInIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Gents rest assured I know the hand is complete crap. I was inspired by Matusow's lesson on Full Tilt, about now and then entering pots and folding to any bet so that people will perceive you as a weak player. Since I already posted a SB this was fairly cheap. I figured it's best to do this with a hand like 7h4h rather than something like Q-rag because then I might actually get in trouble.

I don't really see why all this should stop you from assessing the position we're presently in though, but ok.

This time I shipped on the river and the villain folded. So I should have just shipped on the turn? And as played, bet small on the river maybe? Was fairly sure she had an A.

Thanks for the answers so far.

Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gents rest assured I know the hand is complete crap. I was inspired by Matusow's lesson on Full Tilt, about now and then entering pots and folding to any bet so that people will perceive you as a weak player. Since I already posted a SB this was fairly cheap. I figured it's best to do this with a hand like 7h4h rather than something like Q-rag because then I might actually get in trouble.

I don't really see why all this should stop you from assessing the position we're presently in though, but ok.

This time I shipped on the river and the villain folded. So I should have just shipped on the turn? And as played, bet small on the river maybe? Was fairly sure she had an A.

Thanks for the answers so far.

sorry you are right. as played I think I half pot the turn and shove the river. checking the turn could have tipped him off you had the 7.

oh you said that in op.

B

BigThingWithHolesInIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
XD
Thanks RIdetheflop.