BB calls
CO raises to 12BB

Hero ??? (folds)

SB folds
BB jams all-in
CO calls

Turn :ah4:
River :qd4:

This is one of these hands recently that has me scratching my head. I have a very weak overpair on the flop and a weak flush draw to go with it. This kind of action usually tells me there is at least a strong flush draw overcard that is gambling against me and so I don't feel like I should be continuing the hand and playing for stacks. Curious what you think.

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I have a very weak overpair on the flop and a weak flush draw to go with it. This kind of action usually tells me there is at least a strong flush draw overcard that is gambling against me and so I don't feel like I should be continuing the hand and playing for stacks.
Agreed to that.

You could already be drawn dead on the flop or just slightly ahead so not worth to put in more chips. The flush draw is also too weak imo.

But if I were to comment even more:
Preflop the raise over a limper was too small. Either you can try to set mine super cheap with calling behind or you have to go higher, e.g. 4 BBs or even more.

What happened is that everyone went to see the flop which reduced your equity significantly.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I am actually ok with raising to just 3BB, because you are only 27BB effective with CO, and the blinds are even shorter. By going this small you rarely pick it up preflop, but you allow yourself to isolate with a wider range, since you can have more hands, that plan to fold to a jam from either player. But you could also take a more exploitative approach and say, that if you are planning to call a jam anyway, and with 99 you certainly should have that plan, then you go to 4BB.

Flop
I think, this is a pretty easy fold with all that action. You might not have either the best made hand or the best draw, and you could be drawing almost dead already, if somebody flopped a T high flush or better.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Agreed to that.

You could already be drawn dead on the flop or just slightly ahead so not worth to put in more chips. The flush draw is also too weak imo.

I think, this is a pretty easy fold with all that action.
Screenshot 20240307 181318

I think I was off a bit with the BB amounts in this hand. I was going by memory when posting. It was a bit deeper. I think BB looks like he had 40 BB and CO had him covered.

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Wow, WPT is indeed full of fishes. 🤣

All that action for draws only. 🙈😵‍💫

But I'd take the same decision everyday not risking half of my stack for this hand on that board. 🤓

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

But I'd take the same decision everyday not risking half of my stack for this hand on that board. 🤓
Yes it's full of players that will punt upwards of $20 buy-ins on this kind of stuff. It's amazing and I hope it never changes.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

K4 with a K high flushdraw is perhaps understandable. But 42 with a 2 high flushdraw? That is indeed insane :)

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$3.30 deep stack MTT

Villain on CO has 27BB
Hero in BTN has 53.5BB
SB has 19BB
BB has 26BB

Hero holds :9c4::9s4:

..Pre-flop..
Folds around to CO who limps
Hero opens to 3BB
SB calls, BB calls, and CO calls

..Flop..
:6s4::7s4::3s4:
Pot is 12BB

SB donks 5.5BB
BB calls
CO raises to 12BB

Hero ??? (folds)

SB folds
BB jams all-in
CO calls

Turn :ah4:
River :qd4:

This is one of these hands recently that has me scratching my head. I have a very weak overpair on the flop and a weak flush draw to go with it. This kind of action usually tells me there is at least a strong flush draw overcard that is gambling against me and so I don't feel like I should be continuing the hand and playing for stacks. Curious what you think.

I think I was off a bit with the BB amounts in this hand. I was going by memory when posting. It was a bit deeper. I think BB looks like he had 40 BB and CO had him covered.

Your fold with a weak flush draw card and a medium over pair was completely understandable, I would have done the same and discarded it, but your post showing the showdown of your opponents is shocking that even in a $3.30 tournament it is already a freeroll level game going on. 😂

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Your fold with a weak flush draw card and a medium over pair was completely understandable, I would have done the same and discarded it, but your post showing the showdown of your opponents is shocking that even in a $3.30 tournament it is already a freeroll level game going on. 😂
Yeah my expression after that hand was something like this 🤯🙆‍♂️🤢

And then today I played a $5.5 SD bounty hunter game on this site and it was playing like a $0.01 freeroll as well.