$3.3 NLHE MTT: $3,3 NLHE MTT: What decision preflop?

C

chakalaka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars, $2.94 + $0.36 - Hold'em No Limit - 40/80 (10 ante) - 9 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG: 11,187 (140 bb)
UTG+1: 2,158 (27 bb)
MP: 2,662 (33 bb)
MP+1: 2,702 (34 bb)
LP: 3,125 (39 bb)
CO: 4,742 (59 bb)
BU (Hero): 2,541 (32 bb)
SB: 1,308 (16 bb)
BB: 4,150 (52 bb)

Pre-Flop: (210) Hero is BTN with 4 4
2 players fold, MP raises to 240, 1 fold, LP calls 240, 1 fold, Hero ???

Hi guys!

So I have 44 on btn. Or is bigger than usually, I don't have odds to call for a set. I fold, because there is a short stack on sb and I didn't want to see jam from him. I don't have too much chips, only 31bb.

So - what you prefer here? These guys are regular player, everyone. Probably on bb I'd call, especially I have a bad reg on MP. Maybe you want here just jam? I think call/fold is a weak play, but I could be wrong.

I'm open on your thoughts and expierences.

Big up!

D

DaMooca

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think I would call there just because of the short SB and any decent hand is a good opportunity to shove in that spot, because he already has half his stack in the pot.
And he raised to 3bb, we would be paying 3bb to hit a set and with the risk of SB going all in over the top.
I would fold that hand.

C

Coinuss

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A good fold against a raise from early position and one caller. But do not forget that our decision affects the decisions of others, so our reset pushes the SB to squeeze. Maybe after calling he didn't. I only like calling because of position. bluffing 3bet 3x and calling allin SB, also looks positive.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Folding here is completely fine. As you say, you are not deep enough to setmine, and if you want to call with intentions to outplay your opponents after the flop, I much prefer to use some other kind of hand than a small pair. The issue with small pairs is, they miss the flop 7 out of 8 times, and when they miss, you usually end up folding, even though you might sometimes have the best hand. So I dont like calling here, and I also dont like 3-betting, because you are to deep to jam, and you are also against an open from a fairly early seat at the table, where people should have a stronger range.

pandaboy

pandaboy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold is good option, even 55 fold here. We have no big stack, and better to wait best hand.

C

CptBorg

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's a fairly solid fold.

There aren't many other lines that make sense.

IF you think the earlier raiser isn't that strong and his caller is just looking to outplay him AND you feel that SB will shove quite a wide range AND you feel the opener and caller won't call the shove (they probably shouldn't be opening if table knows SB shove is coming and their hand isn't good for 1200) THEN you could perhaps call behind or shove looking to flip. This is only if spots have been hard to come by really and you're table read is good.

So fold 90% Shove or call to be calling the SB heads up. It's hard to be sure about most of the assumptions above, but we know the part chance plays.

TLDR Fold here is fine.

Even with deeper stacks, you don't have to set mine every chance because from there it's only a step to callings "to hit the flop" and then leaks can spring open everywhere.

T

tiltedskill2130

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold 44 considering the raise and chip stack. figure there is a huge chance the board with show paint and one of the remaining players will pair if they are not already ahead. the pay off would probally be huge but the risk over weight the return