Hero (BB): t1500 75 BBs
UTG: t1500 75 BBs
UTG+1: t1500 75 BBs
UTG+2: t1500 75 BBs
MP1: t1500 75 BBs
MP2: t1500 75 BBs
CO: t1500 75 BBs

Pre Flop: (t30) Hero is BB with A:club: A:diamond:
UTG calls t20, 6 folds, SB calls t10, Hero raises to t100, UTG calls t80, 1 fold

Flop: (t220) 9:diamond: 8:diamond: J:diamond: (2 players)
Hero bets t180, UTG calls t180

Turn: (t580) J:club: (2 players)
Hero bets t360, UTG raises to t1220 all in, Hero calls t860 all in

Can I ever fold here? I thought not because it is the first hand(perhaps silly reasoning but people tend to go spastic on the first few hands) and I had the nut flush draw.

If I didn't have the Ad I'd probably c/f the turn. How would you guys play if I didn't have the Ad?(had AA but different suit)

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a scary board, but i'm getting it in here. we have backup in the flush if we are behind. But we still beat loads of ranfom hands they can have here.

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But we still beat loads of ranfom hands they can have here.

Like what? Total air? Only hands I could see that we beat here are maybe K9, K8 with the K being a diamond or someone who has 10d with the OESFD. That is a very small amount of hands compared to all the hands that are beating us here.

P

pat3392

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like what? Total air? Only hands I could see that we beat here are maybe K9, K8 with the K being a diamond or someone who has 10d with the OESFD. That is a very small amount of hands compared to all the hands that are beating us here.

That was my thoughts exactly. However, I remembered all those times I folded my AA and they had nothing so I convinced myself to call; I can't remember exactly what he had but it the most random unpaired hand with a diamond in it.... I don't think I should give people too much credit here.

However, I'm thinking that I should have checked the turn. I was luckly that I was up against a spastic really; any half competent player would have a decent range here. By checking it gives a free card to the straight draw but let's the flushes hand themselves and let's villain put a weaker range in.

If he shoved I'm not sure what I'd do. Probably call with the Ad fold without it. Idk. People seem to slow down when they've hit their monster so a shove looks weak here; however, he may shove to deny me draw possibilities. However, if he had a J and thought that me must deny me extra cards he'd probably raise the flop so because of this, I'd call a shove.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a range i feel is appropriate for an unknown, most likely bad villian. If you think his range is comprised of mostly made hands, i think your sorely mistaken. there's a TON of draws he could have here, sure a heap of made hands too, but also a lot of one pair flush/straight draw hands too. We have the nut diamond flush which i think pushes this one in our favour so i'm getting it in for sure.

Attachments

• 6.50 march.JPG
    6.50 march.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 7
P

pat3392

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a range i feel is appropriate for an unknown, most likely bad villian. If you think his range is comprised of mostly made hands, i think your sorely mistaken. there's a TON of draws he could have here, sure a heap of made hands too, but also a lot of one pair flush/straight draw hands too. We have the nut diamond flush which i think pushes this one in our favour so i'm getting it in for sure.

I like your thinking with the pokerstove.

Did you know you can make it so that villain can only have certain suit combinations? Can't remember what you had exactly, but you can make any pocket pair below 88 with a diamond in it; 77 is unlikely without a diamond so this should make it more accurate.

I was mucking around with the ranges as well and I fell into my old habits of assuming villain used logic. So to see if I was way of I doubled checked what villain had here: he had Ah 8h.... I guess he must have thought that the paired J made it more likely for his 8 to be good?

Anyway, if he's calling us this lightly I think it's clear this is a call, even without the Ad.

EDIT: Still not sure if betting the turn was optimal, will have to think about that one a bit more

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands