$3.25 NLHE: 45 man. post flop with nut flush draw and 2 overs

Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$3.25 NL HE: 45 man. post flop with nut flush draw and 2 overs

I am not sure what to do here post-flop. its a 45 player w/7 paid still in middle stages of tourney. both callers pf were quite laggy.

poker stars $3.00+$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t50/t100 Blinds - 7 players
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BB: t6905 M = 46.03
UTG: t1000 M = 6.67
Hero (UTG+1): t2765 M = 18.43
MP: t1790 M = 11.93
CO: t5855 M = 39.03
BTN: t810 M = 5.40
SB: t2517 M = 16.78

Pre Flop: (t150) Hero is UTG+1 with A :spade: K :diamond:
UTG calls t100, Hero raises to t400, 1 fold, CO calls t400, 2 folds, BB calls t300, 1 fold

Flop: (t1350) 8 :spade: 2 :spade: 3 :spade: (3 players)
BB checks, Hero???

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Check/call imo

depending on the raise this is what I would do. Looks like CO and BB are deep stacked so check and wait to hit.

Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea that is probably what I should have done. I thought about c/c,c/r, shoving. I was confused here I knew a check would produce a bet regardless of villains holdings. I didnt really want to just lead out since a bet of 700 or so pretty much makes me pot committed to a shove. I ended up c/r the laggy co and was called by the worst possible hand a K high flush meaning I only had 7 outs ugh.

now the flop bet was 900 if I call that I am pot committed on the turn?

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You should probably have waited for more than one response before posting how the hand ended up playing out. I was going to give some feedback, but now what's the point? I know how it played out so my opinion is now skewed.

If you just call the 900, yes, I believe you are comitted.

Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should probably have waited for more than one response before posting how the hand ended up playing out. I was going to give some feedback, but now what's the point? I know how it played out so my opinion is now skewed.

If you just call the 900, yes, I believe you are comitted.

you are right I am sorry.:(

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think check calling is bad here. Any reasonable bet on the flop will basically make us committed on the turn, and if the turn comes a blank we lose a lot of our equity that we have here on the flop.

I think our best option is to check raise all in here on the flop. We are favorites over any pair here unless he has one of our outs (A,8 or K,8) but even then we are basically flipping.

Just thinking about it, another option is to just shove this flop right now. We have a very strong hand at the moment but we are still yet to hit, by shoving we give our semi-bluff maximum fold equity but with such a big overbet we will sometimes get looked up by big stacks thinking we are just trying to take down the pot. If this happens we are still in great shape. Even if we take the pot down now we have added 1k to our stack...

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think check calling is bad here. Any reasonable bet on the flop will basically make us committed on the turn, and if the turn comes a blank we lose a lot of our equity that we have here on the flop.

I think our best option is to check raise all in here on the flop. We are favorites over any pair here unless he has one of our outs (A,8 or K,8) but even then we are basically flipping.

Just thinking about it, another option is to just shove this flop right now. We have a very strong hand at the moment but we are still yet to hit, by shoving we give our semi-bluff maximum fold equity but with such a big overbet we will sometimes get looked up by big stacks thinking we are just trying to take down the pot. If this happens we are still in great shape. Even if we take the pot down now we have added 1k to our stack...

Yah... I agree here.. either/or.
I disagree with the check/call.

Full Flush Poker