2nd hand 100$ freeroll

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did I do something wrong or just real bad luck ? Should I have waited for the tourney to unfold more or is this guy just a major suck out?

Stacks:
- flipje5 with 900 - Entiteit with 1490 - adrianus29 with 1480 - sweke with 2130 - zjonbelz with 1500 - bigpapadjo with 1480 - GiVWII with 1500 - Ziekeman with 1500 - Catscan78 with 1500

index.pl

index.pl

Blinds: 10/20
Site: pokerstars
Dealt to Entiteit:
ad.gif
ac.gif

* - Sklansky group 1
Preflop: entiteit raises 1470 to 1490 [ all-in ]
* - sweke calls [1480]
* - Folds: 6
* - Potsize: 3000
Flop:
qh.gif
3d.gif
7s.gif

Turn:
7h.gif

River:
4h.gif

Results:
* - sweke shows a flush, Ace high:
ah.gif
kh.gif

* - Entiteit shows two pair, Aces and Sevens:
ad.gif
ac.gif

* - sweke collected 3000 from pot

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Blinds: 10/20
Site: Pokerstars
Dealt to Entiteit:
ad.gif
ac.gif

* - Sklansky group 1
Preflop: entiteit raises 1470 to 1490 [ all-in ]
* - sweke calls [1480]

This is the only part you should be looking at.

You got your aces in preflop, and that's absolutely standard. Don't let the results throw you off.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's what I thought, guess Lady Luck decided otherwise :)

Vollycat

Vollycat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What would have happened if you raised to say 150 prelop instead of all-in? The SB may have pushed all-in, and then you are stuck, yes. But what if he just called? Then on the flop you pushed all-in he would have had to make a terrible play to try and catch cards. Most likely no matter what this hand would have gone down exactly like it did, but food for thought I guess.

Getting into a debate/complaints on freeroll hands is just silly in my opinion, but thought I'd show another thought process behind raising an unraised pot from 20 chips to 1470. You typically want to get paid with AA, not blow everyone off it. Again, imo.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freeroll or not, it is a tournament hand. Thanks for the input anyway.

Vollycat

Vollycat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My point was, you are asking about a hand in a freeroll, which as you have witnessed, people are willing to go all-in with ANYTHING. Complaining/asking about a hand played is near to pointless. Not to mention are you asking if you played a hand wrong by getting all your chips in preflop with AA? C'mon.

I offered another route--which most likely wouldn't have happened. But still my point is I guess I'm just not understanding people curious about hand play in a free roll. It's 'poker' only by name. Especially, the 2nd hand in.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I have enough experience with freerolls to know everybody all ins withing the first couple of hands. I guess I should've posted it in the bad beats section (that's what I did later on) and not here (I'm kinda new to this forum :)). I really didn't think I was wrong with AA the best starting hand..

I just play with playmoney now so I don't get badbeats. Every time I lose a buyin or two I seem to win it back and mostly double or triple that in the next session or in higher limits grinding. Right now I'm just sparing enough playchips to sell them and build a bankroll. (Full Tilt: 631k/2 mil PS: 256k/1 mil)

rob5775

rob5775

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting into a debate/complaints on freeroll hands is just silly in my opinion, but thought I'd show another thought process behind raising an unraised pot from 20 chips to 1470. You typically want to get paid with AA, not blow everyone off it. Again, imo.

The play is fine for a freeroll. That early you will likely get 1 or 2 callers with a shove, so why not? More than likely you WILL get paid off in this situation. You gonna wait for a better hand? I shove this everytime, especially if there are FRW that I know will call left to act behind me.

In a normal tourney, then the shove would be a bad play. In the context of a freeroll then the play was fine. OP just got unlucky against a very dominated hand.

And I didn't realize the title of this sub-forum was "Hand Analysis - but no freeroll hands".

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands