$27 NLHE MTT: k4 cutoff 10bb?

Dubstep

Dubstep

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There where 11 players left if that makes a diffrence. 10-12th = like 60$ and 9th=$90 and you know the rest

suby_rafael

suby_rafael

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am going to go with a fold here .. just a weak hand considering the situation and i prefer folding now because we are going to fold to a 3bet anyways. So save chips. Even if we open/shove and everyone folds we are not gaining that much chips. I would wait for a better spot. :cool:

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The main issue here is the bb is getting short. Depending on the player they will generally call much wider.. I think its a fold here id favour suited funky hands and fold out weak kx hands.

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Folding here, this is a pretty bad spot to jam unless the players in front are total nits, and if they are I'd be just min raising here with a raggy Kx. The fact that there is 11 left is a factor. My shoving range here would be 22+ A5+ K9+ QT+ JT+ T9s+

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have to let it go.

Any decent hand will call you and youll be an underdog if it happens.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Given we are priced in to call the BB, plus have 2 bigger stacks to act behind I'd just go for a fold.

Dubstep

Dubstep

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:bawling: I shoved and lost and the two to the left of me where like 15% vp or something... im just going to use my book and learn optimal shoving ranges and be a heartless soulless 10bb shoving machine

Dubstep

Dubstep

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hadnt shoved in ages so maybe that was why i pushed was bcus of my image, i was the chip leader for ages on final 2 or 3 final tables.

Dubstep

Dubstep

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe like 5 or 6 orbits i had **** all so, maybe i was just being inpatient or with my image as it was is it ok? i got called by 88

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nah, K4o just isn't a shoving hand from this position. It's just do badly dominated when called, like shoving a hand like 67s is a million times better.

I'd only shove here with this hand in the SB vs the BB

J

jj20002

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold, the BB has only 7k and he is going to pay with any two and you are still with enough chips to survive at least 10 hands with enough fold equity

also consider that both players after you have you covered and you dont want to go so close to the final table, you are not the shortie so wait for a better spot!

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont think about your image too much. More often than not players level themselves into making suboptimal decisions based on things which are subject to a lot of guesswork like table image.

Farseer

Farseer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In general fold. I would only push if BB is indeed Hard Rock Hallelujah (and no loose calls coming from 2 others).

You really should put some information about opponents with your hands, too. Prize structure is important information, which you gave partially in post #2.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4Ko its very marginal hand what shove here.. We have 5M ,this only fold and better find other situation. And about BB short stack , if he call example 40% range hands we have around 45% equity .. When we in CO K4o very terrible hand...

C

cantwinaflip

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
K4o here is a fairly easy fold for me. I think I need K8o+ or K5s+ here to shove my 10bb

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
EZ fold, especially ICM wise.

Just let someone bust before playing these super marginal spots....I am not even shoving btn here I think, but it's been awhile since i've looked at an ICM spreadsheet.

K4o plays so badly against calling hands here; a lot of aces, KJs, KQs, AKs, PPs above 4 in a calling range.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya agreed razz hands like 87s should be way more temptinf to shove than k4 type or even a2

deluns28

deluns28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll only shove this hand if I was at SB. For this situation, agree with others to find a better spot.