$.25 NLHE MTT: Am I losing value

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My question has to do with hands of these nature...I flop Jin and I really can't tell what he/she could have, that just Check calls down till the river that we actually can get value from by C/R A.I on the river?

About the player, he's a Aggressive calling station I guess would be best way to some it up...He's called my 2.5-3xRaises acouple of times already, and If it got 3 bet and I just flat the 3 bet behind he would actually 4 bet A.I and/or 4 bet to get the 3 bettor A.I and make me fold.. Also in these same occasions he's had weak bs suited holdings A5s+K7s just to name a few...So I really have no clue if I could just RR on the river to get paid full but at the same time I thought nothing worse could actually call me then a flush (If I RRAI).,..So what do you all think he has, did I lose out?

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 0.25 Tournament, 25/50 Blinds (9 handed) - PokerStars Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com

UTG+1 (t1255)
MP1 (t1028)
MP2 (t3096)
MP3 (t2795)
CO (t3350)
Button (t5447)
SB (t1580)
BB (t1050)
Hero (UTG) (t2710)

Hero's M: 36.13

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9
club.gif
, 9
heart.gif

Hero bets t125, 2 folds, MP2 calls t125, 5 folds

Flop: (t325) 9
spade.gif
, 3
spade.gif
, 6
club.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets t155, MP2 calls t155

Turn: (t635) 2
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets t325, MP2 calls t325

River: (t1285) Q
spade.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, MP2 bets t600, Hero calls t600

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
He calls alot.... or raises pre alot? .. or 'both'??
I bet more on flop in micros & vs. donks like this guy - - I want to start building a pot (& also want to size my bets so that I can hopefully get it in on river if poss.).

I'd be more likely to raise to 150 pre here
then.....
flop (375) bet > 275
Turn (925) bet > 650
River (2,225) shove 1,775

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He calls alot.... or raises pre alot? .. or 'both'??
I bet more on flop in micros & vs. donks like this guy - - I want to start building a pot (& also want to size my bets so that I can hopefully get it in on river if poss.).

I'd be more likely to raise to 150 pre here
then.....
flop (375) bet > 275
Turn (925) bet > 650
River (2,225) shove 1,775

Actually to explain it fully...1 hand I had AJs, 2.5x Raised, He flats M.P and BB 3 bet to 700 (Now I was pretty sure I was ahead of the BB's 3 bet, but I didn't know exactly how to go about him (M.P caller), so I flatted the 3 bet (Cuz it was small, and I had position on the BB), but he 4 bets (BB got put A.I), I tanked for a bit and folded, and he shows KQo...

He did the same thing acouple of other times against Me, and some other players. Flatting Raises, then If it got 3 bet and the original raiser flats he 4 bets...

Also he likes to limp alot+Call raises alot but doesnt' 3 bet himself until it got 3 bet then he does his 4 bet...That's the best way I can explain it to you...

Also about the hand, could he not have the flush here, by CC down, is this not a line that Chasers take?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
aggro calling stations are the worst :p.

Yeah, probably just raise 3x preflop here, though really, 125 is totally fine and isn't a big deal.

I don't mind the smaller flop bet, but the turn needs to be a lot bigger so we can get it in on the river.

He can easily have the flush here, but he could also have a ton of other hands as well that he will be likely to pay us off with. We have a set and we're not folding to his river shove regardless, so instead of having him check back the river, why not just shove and let worse hands call us down (if we increase our bet sizing like PO mentioned).

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bet more flop more turn

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually to explain it fully...1 hand I had AJs, 2.5x Raised, He flats M.P and BB RR to 700 (Now I was pretty sure I was ahead of the BB's RR range/bet, but I didn't know exactly how to go about him (M.P caller), so I flatted the RR (Cuz it was small, and I had position on the BB), but he 3 bets (BB got put A.I), I tanked for a bit and folded, and he shows KQo...

He did the same thing acouple of other times against Me, and some other players. Flatting Raises, then If it got RR and the original raiser flats he 3 bets...

Also he likes to limp alot+Call raises alot but doesnt' RR bet himself until it got RR then he does his 3 bet...That's the best way I can explain it to you...

Also about the hand, could he not have the flush here, by CC down, is this not a line that Chasers take?

Made some errors I wanted to fix up was all

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What pascal said. This is the second hand I've seen today where you've put yourself in a shit position with bad flop bet sizing.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What pascal said. This is the second hand I've seen today where you've put yourself in a shit position with bad flop bet sizing.

Your so correct that I need to work on my bet sizing but I bet like this so I can keep action in the hand yet at the same time make something...I need to read some articles on bet sizing...Just curious what's the other hand your talking about?

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your so correct that I need to work on my bet sizing but I bet like this so I can keep action in the hand yet at the same time make something...I need to read some articles on bet sizing...Just curious what's the other hand your talking about?

AA facing aggresion, didn't comment on that one though because think pascal(?) basically told you what to do.

We're in a tournament though, not cash game and you seem to be completely ignoring stack sizes and letting people into hands. continuation bet as you normally would, like 0.8-0.9 of pot. If everyone folds to a CB then thats great. Not many instances where I raise pre and don't fire off a decent CB. On a flush draw board we are never slowing down with aces/sets. $ev doesn't = cev

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Later in tournaments, especially with antes, when the SPRs are low, you can bet more like 1/3-1/2 pot but here'd I'd just start out 2/3 and go bigger on turn so you can shove the river. Really doubt he has a flush.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Later in tournaments, especially with antes, when the SPRs are low, you can bet more like 1/3-1/2 pot but here'd I'd just start out 2/3 and go bigger on turn so you can shove the river. Really doubt he has a flush.

you bring up a good point here (I don't build pots big enough), but whats the reason that you don't belief flush could be in his range?