$24 NLHE: FT bubble FTP 42K GTD: whats your line here?

T

TopDonk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$24 NL HE: FT bubble FTP 42K GTD: whats your line here?

full tilt poker $42,000 Guarantee No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t20000/t40000 Blinds + t5000 - 5 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

BB: t631743 M = 7.43
UTG: t1944276 M = 22.87
CO: t2283952 M = 26.87
BTN: t698278 M = 8.22
Hero (SB): t822495 M = 9.68

Pre Flop: (t85000) Hero is SB with T T
1 fold, CO raises to t81818, 1 fold, Hero ????

Ok so we are 10 left I am 8/10 after just losing flip when I had 1.2Mil (sigh)
Villain seems ok...OPR shows like 20 MTTs but he has shipped the brawl for 80k recently.

Whats your line here:

1. Flat
2.3bet/f
3.£bet Get it in
4. fold (i guess I have to put this to)

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hmmm.... Stop-n-Go time?

I'm nitty here as I want to make the FT so I probably fold since you have the shorter stacks on yur table you can wait for the 1st in vig to make your move.

Z

Zybomb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We're not seriously considering folding TT 5 handed are we? That first response has to be a joke

I shove to fold out KJ QJ KQ AJ hands that we are flipping with a decent percentage of the time and take down the pot uncontested. We'll get calls from AQ, AK which we flip with some smaller pairs that we dominate (as well as JJ+ obv)

T

TopDonk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We're not seriously considering folding TT 5 handed are we? That first response has to be a joke

I shove to fold out KJ QJ KQ AJ hands that we are flipping with a decent percentage of the time and take down the pot uncontested. We'll get calls from AQ, AK which we flip with some smaller pairs that we dominate (as well as JJ+ obv)

I shoved, he calls AK A hits on the river...10th for me sigh.

I guess I was just being results orientated, as flop was 9 high and rainbow so I could call and probably take it there but i think flatting sux.

If I 3bet he is shoving anyway and i am not folding TT so I thought if I am not folding best to just shove and fold out alot of the hands he might shove over my 3bet.

Z

Zybomb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I guess I was just being results orientated, as flop was 9 high and rainbow so I could call and probably take it there but i think flatting sux.

If I 3bet he is shoving anyway and i am not folding TT so I thought if I am not folding best to just shove and fold out alot of the hands he might shove over my 3bet.

Results suck (we could of just called then gotten him to fold the flop) but decision doesn't.

Bc of stack sizes, stop and go doesn't really make sense here since we still have 700k+ and the pot will not even be 200k... so like calling with the intent of shoving any flop for 3.5x pot is just bananas. The reason I like shoving is that we will fold out a lot of coinflip hands that we don't wanna race with such as KQ AJ KJ QJ etc, although I do agree on average the times we are called it's probably AQ AK (flips) JJ-AA (dominated) or 88 99 (dominating), leaving us a small dog to his calling range. I think this is easily made up for by the extra money we are picking up the times we aren't called though and who knows his calling range might be wider to include some more AX flips or even some Ax dominators (x < 10)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

Yah... I'd probably do the same. Without knowing 'results'... so.. without knowing villain's hand, I'd consider 3-betting here as it would like you're on a stronger hand than just shoving it in (but as you mentioned, you're not 3-bet/folding pre... so why not just get it in).

T

TopDonk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah really wanted to nit up and fold but even tho I lost the hand I am happy I choose the aggressive route. Feel I would have been able to make a good run at FT to as play was pretty terrible. $17k for 1st to $678 for 10th. Fml

Always next Sunday I suppose.

H

Henreiman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm putting him on a steal here, as the big stack at a 5 handed table and large blinds. However, if you raise him here, chances are you're not leaving too much behind for him to get equity on pushing. This creates an interesting situation, where you don't want to fold if he pushes as you have committed probably 30-40% of your chips, but you also know that HE knows he's not getting you off most hands. Assuming images are non-existent, it's necessary to look at his range (as always). He's pushing you with any pair 6s+ 5 handed and with a huge chip lead, and also likely with any AJ+ non-paired hand. Therefore, even if you're flipping, you're ahead of most of his range and I think you have to ship it pre

S

sta123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't really see folding as an option here unless your only goal is to place higher. I'm leaning towards pushing all-in pre-flop here or if you flat call, going all-in regardless of flop (unless its like 3 overcards).