$.22 NLO8 MTT: Profelop All In Equity

LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

I don't normally play Omaha but I made an exception since I had some T$ around.

Anyway, I would like to know preflop equity of hands in this matchup:

:ac4::7c4::qs4::10s4: vs. :ah4::kh4::5c4::3h4:

Villain (left) 3bets 75% with full pot bets, he is the tournament leader megadonk (naturally) who is priced in to call the 4bet shove and will do so 100% of the time. I got fed up and figured this hand is well ahead of his range.

I am curious what is the exact equity here. I don't care about ICM blah blah just pure equity - someone is bound to have Omaha Hi/Lo calculator handy.

My hand has LO advantage and high card advantage (potential straights go both ways, his high and my low) but arguably he is drawing to 2 flushes while I only draw to one and I block one of my own outs.

Edit: I mangled the title somehow, sorry about that I am actually literate :D maybe there is no spell check in the title and I didn't double check.

Last edited:
LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks, I was looking for this :)

How do I read the results? It says my hand has "scoop" of 41% versus 28% for him... what does that mean?

I mean, if it goes heads up to the flop the numbers with ties should add up to 100%, no?

Edit: After Googling a bit - "scoop" means taking both Hi and Lo pots. I suppose the reason Lo does not add up to 100% is that some boards don't have Lo pot, correct?

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
here's the one I use

Attachments

• O8 calc.gif
    O8 calc.gif
    6.7 KB · Views: 18
LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well at least I got it in good even against upper part of his range... I counted mostly on Low to give me the edge, sadly it whiffed and he hit a T for the win.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its a good spot if he's aggro.

it's more or less a flip. the stronger preflop high hand is always a favorite(at least IMO) because some pots don't have a low hand. In that respect his high hand is slightly better than yours because 3 cards to broadway and 2 possible flushes.

His low hand is abysmal.

O8 is really a flop game...it is so hard to be much better than flipping preflop....but it sounds like he was a player who wasn't letting people see cheap flops....so then yeah, you've got to pick a reasonable hand to make a stand with. I think you picked a good one.