$22 NLHE Rebuy: Button v BB interesting pot

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$22 NL HE Rebuy: Button v BB interesting pot

Nearly 3 hours into the rebuy, no reads on villain, only 20 hands and he's played one pot.

250 of 800 starters left average stack 22000

Thoughts on the hand and the river decision??

poker stars, $22 Buy-in (300/600 blinds, 50 ante) NL Hold'em Tourney, 9 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker
UTG: 19,140 (31.9 bb)
Hero (BTN): 23,235 (38.7 bb)
SB: 35,878 (59.8 bb)
BB: 27,002 (45 bb)
UTG+1: 52,816 (88 bb)
MP1: 21,477 (35.8 bb)
MP2: 34,320 (57.2 bb)
MP3: 35,427 (59 bb)
CO: 22,119 (36.9 bb)
Pre-Flop: Hero is BTN with 8
spade.gif
T
diamond.gif

6 folds, Hero raises to 1,800, SB folds, BB calls 1,200
Flop: (4,350) T
heart.gif
diamond.gif
heart.gif
(2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks
Turn: (4,350) 4
spade.gif
(2 players)
BB bets 2,400, Hero calls 2,400
River: (9,150) J
club.gif
(2 players)
BB bets 5,400, Hero????

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally I would have bet after the flop. As played I would call the river. I am not putting him on a 4 and I think you have him beat.

(lol at me telling you what to do)

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hmmmm, C-bet the flop after your original raise? And fold the river.

2_Gearzzz

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea, u gotta bet the flop with your top pair because on the turn only scare cards will come to ruin your hand. As played i would fold the river.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
flop check for pot control is obviously fine. we don't get value from a whole lot worse by betting, we don't feel comfortable facing a c/r (it's not a hand we can feel happy to b/f nor are we remotely pleased with betting and getting it in), and we have a good bluffcatcher. not saying you can't bet, but checking is 100% fine and my standard play here

i'd generally call river. you're getting a very good price. in his mind you could be peeling turn w/ A high thinking it could be good, and all draws missed. you don't look strong at all. a 4 is obviously unlikely for him to have, as is 55 just based on combinations. he'll have a stronger T or a J that stabbed at the turn and backed into top pair reasonably often, but you don't even need to be good 30% of the time

basically you took a line that will induce bluffs and the board came reasonably good for you, so i'd follow through and call, and if he has better oh well

Last edited:
Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
flop check for pot control is obviously fine. we don't get value from a whole lot worse betting, we don't feel comfortable facing a c/r, and we have a good bluffcatcher

for that reason i'd generally call river. you're getting a very good price. in his mind you could be peeling turn w/ A high thinking it's good, and all draws missed. a 4 is obviously unlikely, as is 55 just based on combinations. he'll have a stronger T or a J that bluffed the flop and backed into top pair reasonably often, but you don't even need to be good 30% of the time

basically you took a line that will induce bluffs and the board came reasonably safe for you, so follow through and call, and if he has better oh well

It's like you're in my mind comboblank :)

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definetly c-bet that flop. To me this isn't a WA/WB situtation on the flop. If he calls the c-bet then you will get more info on the turn with your position.

As played I call it and expect to see a missed FD or ST8D or a middle pocket pair. There is a small chance opponent floated you preflop w/ JT but that is a small part of his range. Opponent may be putting you on a missed FD or ST8D.