$22 NLHE MTT: I lost value with these TT?

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello mate, I would like your advice on this hand.
I was against a good brazilian player, that made things easier, for that reason I decided to check on the flop, and control the pot, we both had many BB.
Also there were not many projects to protect, because I blocked some with my TT.
But I'm not sure, maybe I should do c-bet ?.
Now that I look at this hand, I think maybe I should bet on the turn, and check on the river.
What do you think?
https://www.boomplayer.com/30663682_493CD63DB9

gl all :D

Last edited:
Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is your 3bet range here? I think you can cbet small the whole range or keep small suited aces/medium pairs in check back ranges when value betting with stronger aces,sets and bluff hands like KQs, underpairs

If you chose to delay cbet turn, I don't think many weaker hands would call here as you could even check back AQ on the flop

zekubiki

zekubiki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
preflop just call. it's your first mistake. but, if you've did it already, that you should bet on the flop and bet on the turn, then if opponent didn't fold, just check behind the river.

Alaercio da Rocha

Alaercio da Rocha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Since he checked the flop I would bet 300 on the turn if he paid on the turn and on the river for that check again I would bet some 300 chips.

Alaercio da Rocha

Alaercio da Rocha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think 10 10 dangerous for a flop with AJ but due to his checks it was seen that he had a pair less than 10 in the hand or a possibility of a sequence that did not form so a bet would be good if he received a re-raise fold. In my case, but probably he would not raise without forming the best hands and seeing that I was the aggressor.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great luck that you are winners in this hand. The flop is clearly not in your favor, besides, we should not forget that the open raiser was your opponent. It is good to count the value when the cards are revealed, and in a real game it is difficult to count on the fact that something can be found in a villain who has a leaky straight draw on his hands.

:eek:

T

tmfnsanders

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I flat this preflop instead of 3betting most of the time. After 3betting preflop I think this flop smashes your 3betting range and isn't very good for his calling range so cbetting the flop is my go to play here. If he calls flop I probably just go into checkdown mode and maybe call a river bet as a bluffcatcher.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, for me the pre-flop well played I think you should have done a Cbet and make a bet on the turn at that time the hand had to finish since the opponent will almost certainly fold but the pot was better

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop, 3betting and calling are both acceptable, but if I have any info on my opponent it might push me one way or the other. For example, if he is a very weak player, I'd look to 3bet more to isolate and get heads up as well as build the pot in position. Vs a stronger player I'd be looking to call more.

As played, flop is a very clear check imo, since villain has many Ax holdings in their raise/call range pre and even in a 3b pot I'm not expecting to get people off these types of hands too often at these stakes. I'm generally just trying to get this exact hand to showdown if possible.

So I think the rest of the hand is fine.

S

skeptix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I generally like a strategy of betting around half-pot on wet ace-high flops once we 3-bet. In this particular example (and not being results oriented), any king or queen is a very bad card for you. One reason to bet is equity removal (deny our opponents a chance to draw out on us), and this is a good case of when to do it. I'd prefer checking back if you had QQ or KK because there's no need to go for equity removal, especially with KK.