$.22 NLHE MTT: 2P - C/R OK or not?

skrsh76

skrsh76

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was thinking folding pre but called as there are enough in the pot for me to call.

But is this unlucky or standard?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 40/80 Blinds (9 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com/

CO (t1,990)
Button (t1,525)
BB (t2,170)
UTG (t3,565)
UTG+1 (t2,310)
MP1 (t6,510)
MP2 (t1,205)
Hero (MP3) (t5,185)

Hero's M: 43.21

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9
heart.gif
, K
heart.gif

3 folds, Hero raises to t240, CO raises to t400, 2 folds, UTG calls t320, Hero calls t160

Flop: (t1,240) K
club.gif
, 9
diamond.gif
, 6
heart.gif
(3 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks, CO bets t645, UTG raises to t3,165 (All-In), Hero raises to t4,785 (All-In), CO calls t945 (All-In)

Turn: (t9,160) 8
spade.gif
(3 players, 3 all-in)

River: (t9,160) 10
club.gif
(3 players, 3 all-in)

Total pot: t9,160

Results below:
UTG had 10
diamond.gif
, J
diamond.gif
(one pair, tens).
Hero had 9
heart.gif
, K
heart.gif
(two pair, Kings and nines).
CO had 7
club.gif
, A
club.gif
(straight, ten high).
Outcome: Hero won t3,150, CO won t6,010

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean you were getting an awesome price after opening, just fold pre without the opening raise but I understand why u r calling after getting such a good price. Now..... On the flop which is what it seems u care most about everything looks fine to me. Your goal should be to GII on a flop like that, and that's exactly what you did....

So in summation, this hand shouldn't have happened in the first place because it was an open fold typically without reads or table dynamics, but everything after the flop just looks like bad luck to me

skrsh76

skrsh76

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i open raised as I was the chip lead and didn't play a few hands.. not a good reason even with K8s?

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not really.... Just because your the chip leader that doesn't mean u have to open K9. You weren't in the button or cut off.... This is a raise I probably only make in those two positions, and I only make them if I think I have a big post flop edge

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not really.... Just because your the chip leader that doesn't mean u have to open K9. You weren't in the button or cut off.... This is a raise I probably only make in those two positions, and I only make them if I think I have a big post flop edge

Going back to what I said.... K9s is always an open on the button my bad, and open often in CO

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can raise this marginal hand K9s but this aggrasive , if you have less 40bb easy fold. In postflop very good acthion for you, check this good, and after call shove too , because villain can have very wide range.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm raising even wider with 40BBs in an unopened pot.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So yeah, as played, just get it in. This is a 22 cent tournament!!!

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This hand looks suspiciously symptomatic of FPS - Fancy Play Syndrome. Opening K9s two off the button isn't awful, but neither is folding.

After you open and get raised, it's a no-brainer to call for 160 more after UTG calls. So you opened when you could easily have folded, then considered folding when there was no reason.

Then, after flopping two pair on a fairly dry board, it would be reasonable to lead out in order to build the pot. But you choose to adopt a fancier line. I'm not saying this was awful; just pointing out that once again, you chose the non-ABC line.

As the cards lie, you got unlucky. But it's not always about how the cards lie. For example, when you called UTG's all-in, what did you think his range included his actual hand?

Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the conversion went bad this wasn't an open raise it looks like UTG limped in right cause it can't be folded to you AND utg still be in the hand.

actually now that I look at it closer SB is missing so UTG is actually the BB?

Last edited: