$215 NLHE: Warm-up awkward spot early

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah that board is too drawy. I'd fold on the flop. Shove if it's a freeroll lol.

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey Rex, some more preeze!

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like many have said, I fold here.

If it's a freeroll I instacall.

Too early to risk tourney life with that flop.

My read is he does not want a call. He has a straight or a set, there's 2 hearts for the flush draw and of course the straight draw. If he has the set he doesn't want the flush draw or straight draw to draw out on him. If he has a straight, maybe it's on the low end and he doesn't want the high end or the flush draw to hit.

lektrikguy

lektrikguy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This hand screams JQ. You are I think about 10% to hit a boat...I would have to fold this early.

ABorges

ABorges

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I decided to assign him this range:

99-88,QJs,J7s,T8s+,98s,76s,QJo,J7o,T8o+,98o,76o

You can go from there, imo it's a reasonable range against a random guy in the sunday warm up. According to pokerstove, your equity is 33.5%, which is not enough. I'm not sure that he'll play some of those hands this way though, is he really that scared with the nut straight to overbet 3x the pot? Is he limping J7o, 76o, 99 from the SB? I'm not sure people in a random huge field tourney play big draws this aggressively so I didn't include those either. He could also be going bananas with like AT, JT, etc, who knows. If you include TPTK in his range you get like 45% equity, which shifts from a fold to a call, but with no reads I'm a little uncomfortable adding that. You can hurry and search his OPR, and if he's really awful it becomes closer, but in a vaccuum a fold is more appropriate I think. If the flop was rainbow it would be tougher, because he wouldn't be as protective with his straights...

Oh and yeah... fold pre.