$215 NLHE MTT: $$215 NLHE MTT: 66 v 15BB shove

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok Usually a fold i think but nearing final table, 22/364 left, I just 3b shoved 14bb over his 3BB open with A9, he had KK and i rivered the A. (BINK!) No one is paid it's all points for the wsop Warrior league.
This is the very next hand
Blinds: 700/1400/140 ante
5 people on our table
Our Stack: 53k
Villain: 20k
He open shoved the CO and I folded KQo.
This is the hand after I folded KQ. He then jams 22.5k and I have 66 in the SB.
No reads on him apart from I think he is tilting, or trying to make it look like he is.

B

BigThingWithHolesInIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, according to PokerStove we are a favorite if he shoves 30% or more. His M is about 8... I'd say that's not overly optimistic.
I don't know how the payout is structured or whether we've even hit the prize pool yet? Because if we lose it's for nearly half our stack.
If you believe the edge you have here is more than marginal, and can't fold into a prize you consider decent, by all means you should call (or shove if BB has you covered). Otherwise, I'd leave the guy to the big stacks.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Adjust for that Ante, he aint got 15bbs :)

I'd prefer to call with the KQ than the 66 here.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With WiZZiM, probably sigh lay down 66 to 15bb even with antes and call probably 88 upwards

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah that's what I was thinking I would call 88+, AQo+,AJs+. I tank, folded anyways. Even if he is steaming after the beat, he probably isn't shoving any undercards to 66 there so it's just an awkward position to be in. Would you guys have called with KQo the previous hand?

B

BigThingWithHolesInIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KQo does slightly better against a wide range, and that hand was slightly cheaper... So the spot is better, but not by much. I would again let it depend on where we are in the prize pool, but without a read I'm leaning towards folding both.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm leaning towards calling the KQ in game, as i'd probably notice i just sucked out on him. Usually after someone gets bad beats like that they just tilt and snap shove the next hand, so i'm calling the KQ, Even if we lose the pot, we're in fine shape, if we win, we put ourselves in a really good spot to try and take this thing down.

C

ClubArrow77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would lean towards folding both. KQ is a good hand but not great if you run up against ace rag and dont connect with the board which is something that I have faced in late stages of SnGs. I would be much more likely to call the shove with 66 than KQ but I think given his stack size, unless he is really tilting I would not be comfortable calling his shoves with 66. I would agree with Ben's range of calling with 88+, AQo+, AJs+ unless you gain more reads on villain and put him on a wider range.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The difference between KQ and 66 is that when you call with KQ the only hands that dominate you are AK, KQ, KK and QQ, and 3/4 times you have 30% equity plus KK & QQ are less likely because you have a blocker to each. Plus you crush stuff like KJ/KT/K9/QJ/QT

When you call with 66 you are crushed by 77+, and only have ~20% equity (if that), and you're just over 50% against the rest of his range apart from 22-55, and players will often fold 22/33 rather than jamming them IMO.