Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
200$ live tournament
blinds: 100-200
9 Players
effective stack (hero's stack): 11,000.

Everyone folds to hero who is dealt Q-Q in MP.
hero raises to 500, only the BB calls.

flop:
Q - 6 - 9 rainbow
Villain checks, hero checks behind.

turn:
8 (doesn't open a flush draw)
villain bets 1,000, hero calls.

river:
villain bets 1,500, hero raises to 5,000, villain thinks for a bit and shove. hero?

I was moved not a long ago to this table so I don't have much about villain, he seems pretty solid so far.

madjek

madjek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First I prob just call the 1500. You can only be hoping he has last Q and has top 2 or hit a set also? Otherwise he's not calling unless he has 10 J, which I'd be a little worried about and pot is like 4k so I'd call and not risk all or most my stack. I mean would he really shove with just 2 pair. Maybe I'm too cautious but I'm not risking my tournament hoping he hit a smaller set vs him having something like J10s. You call and lose, you still have 40 bbs, win you gain 3100 chips , not bad.

Bodomovac

Bodomovac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First I prob just call the 1500. You can only be hoping he has last Q and has top 2 or hit a set also? Otherwise he's not calling unless he has 10 J, which I'd be a little worried about and pot is like 4k so I'd call and not risk all or most my stack. I mean would he really shove with just 2 pair. Maybe I'm too cautious but I'm not risking my tournament hoping he hit a smaller set vs him having something like J10s. You call and lose, you still have 40 bbs, win you gain 3100 chips , not bad.

Yes. I definitely agree with this comment. And because you said you didn't know how this guy plays, call is also great to see what hes got, so you can see type of player he is.

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I were villian, I wouldn't reraise to all in on the river a straight as your line is very strong. But you know some people cannot never fold set so you could still be ahead, very player dependent, so I will ask questions like "do you have a set?" to get a read

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
River call 1500 in case 10 J or 7 10 or 7 5 as these hands are in big blinds range but heat of moment set queens `strong, tough spot only hand reraising river here is a straight most of the time.:banghead:

madjek

madjek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I were villian, I wouldn't reraise to all in on the river a straight as your line is very strong. But you know some people cannot never fold set so you could still be ahead, very player dependent, so I will ask questions like "do you have a set?" to get a read
If villain has straight with 10J he has nuts and has no choice but to reraise on river as a call with nuts being last action would be a penalty. Also, where I play talking about hand during play isn't allowed anymore, so asking "do you have set" isn't permitted during the hand. I hate that rule cause I think it takes away from the game but for some reason they don't allow it in tournaments

T

TDTODDY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
J 10 is a reasonable hand to call from the BB. A big bet on on the flop probably doesn't move him/her off the hand. Once the 8 hits it's very difficult to know where you are with straight possibilities. Opening with 1500 on the river is a good sized bet to entice a raise and shove when you get one. I just don't see him/her shove with anything else.

M

mastolfi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone. I,m from Venezuela!

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tough spot but I think that is a call. You loose to 10 7 and J 10 but he could be doing this with 2-pair or a smaller set considering your flop check. And if he is a good agro he could think your range is capped.
But your flop check was a mistake - you should be betting small with your entire range on this flop. He might spazz-out to a small bet and you at least build a pot.
Saying that a river 4-bet jam is the nuts 99% of the time. Reads might be the deciding factor.
If he is an ABC player fold - If he is a fish or good player - call.

abzdolc

abzdolc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
we are loosing only vs few hands, and can take more chips with re-raise. if opponent moves all in, easy fold vs streat, I guess opponent will not bluff here ussually. But we can take more money with top set against other sets & 2 pairs