2 SnG hands

X

xGinNJuicex

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
On the first hand I know I played bad but was wondering if a push here is entirely incorrect, villian 2 has a wide range on the button and villian 1 just calls UTG:

bodog $5 Single Table SnG Blinds 75/150

Hand 1

4 handed
Hero is chip leader 6800
Villian 1 starts with 1600
Villian 2 starts with 3500

Hero dealt AcQs
UTG Calls
Button raises to 500
Hero calls from SB
UTG calls

Flop: Ah4s5s

Hero Pushes
V1 Folds
V2 Calles and shows AK

Villian wins with AK

Hand 2

3 handed same SnG, blinds at 100-200

Hero and Villian both have about 4500
Button folds
Hero holds 88 in SB, raises to 600
Villian pushes all-in

Hero ???

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A bit more info please.

1, in the first hand, are you down to the final 3?

2, is it the same villain that nailed you in hand 1 ?

I will assume it is 3 handed for the first hand.

Why shove that? You hit the ace with a great kicker, and that maybe should have been played for value. Raise post flop see what happens. In this case however I think the outcome might have been the same. You raise, he shoves, you call. Same result.

I am assuming 2nd hand is heads up.

I think I fold here. You haven't given us many reads, and it is hard to tell if this villain is just being aggressive with high cards, or if he has something.
There is no rule that says you have to play HU aggressive, tho that is what many will tell you. Unless the blinds are just outrageous, you might be able to ride thru a long card dead spell by playing HU passively.

Villain has put you to the test here. For whatever reason, he has put you on mid pair, or suited connectors in the upper range. He is either a gambler, or he has you beat. But again, we have no reads on this villain.

X

xGinNJuicex

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
4 handed in hand 1, 3 handed in hand 2, as noted above. not the same villian in hand 2.

as for reads in the 2nd hand, villian in the BB has been watching me raise his blinds all night. on the other hand, he is a solid player for this level who's played pretty good starting hands.

i know i shouldn't have shoved the ace. that was bad especially given the flop. i was hoping villian 1 called and villian 2 didn't since 2's stack was deeper. i was willing to take my chances that someone had AK or flopped a set. you're probably right villian 2 doubles up anyway though. if i'd have bet and he'd have shovedm i might've gotten away from it because he was very tight. i still ended up with a cash but i would've placed higher if it weren't for these hands.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands