$2 rebuy, early stages

jayneseo

jayneseo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian had just went all in with a 3 4 os last hand and won. Would you call, it is still rebuy stage with $8 left of allotted funds.

Stage #682950175 Tourney ID 1471551 Holdem Multi Normal Tournament No Limit $60 - 2007-03-19 09:00:51 (ET)
Table: 7 (real money) Seat #2 is the dealer
Seat 2 - JAYNESEO ($3190 in chips)
Seat 3 - HORSERACING ($14220 in chips)
Seat 4 - KABOOBI ($3785 in chips)
Seat 5 - BALOODOG ($5165 in chips)
Seat 6 - HOSSHOLDEM ($5865 in chips)
Seat 7 - JEFFCOOL326 ($2050 in chips)
Seat 8 - HAGLERUK ($1500 in chips)
Seat 9 - SCHACKDADDY ($1725 in chips)
HORSERACING - Posts small blind $30
KABOOBI - Posts big blind $60
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to JAYNESEO [As 8s]
BALOODOG - Calls $60
HOSSHOLDEM - All-In(Raise) $5865 to $5865
JEFFCOOL326 - Folds
HAGLERUK - Folds
SCHACKDADDY - Folds
JAYNESEO - ????

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold.

If villain has any sense at all, he has a real hand this time. He will know that the whole table saw him play trash last hand and he has to expect that there could be multiple callers.

This guy could be a good target and you`ll get his chips soon enough. You have time to wait for a more clear-cut chance.

calibanboy

calibanboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold.

If villain has any sense at all, he has a real hand this time. He will know that the whole table saw him play trash last hand and he has to expect that there could be multiple callers.

This guy could be a good target and you`ll get his chips soon enough. You have time to wait for a more clear-cut chance.

I agree better chances will arrive

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm veery loose in rebuys but this is probably a bit too far. As much worried about the guys behind who may view initial push as dead money and call with a huge range. A8s is not doing particularly well against anything higher than a 8.

That said, rebuys are about speculating base on marginal reads so if you feel he's legitimately pushing any two cards then fair enough.

How's that for answering the question both ways? :)

jayneseo

jayneseo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a rebuy, CALL.

This is what I was thinking so it is what I did.

Don't have the hand history readily available but I believe the villian had a medium pocket pair, 9s or 10s, to which I promptly was dealt a flush :D

This is the tourney I ended up in 5th out of 105 and couldve done better if I wasn't so f ing tired and the final table wasn't so damn slow.

Thanks for your input though, just wanted to see how other people would play this.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya people dont change gears in the first hour of the rebuy so i dont think a call here is too bad unless the baloodog guy has been known to play top ten-ers very passively so far.