OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$2 NL HE STT: Two pair line check / river decision

Reads: Villain has played almost every single hand so far. Most of the time he's been limping in then folding as soon as anyone bets postflop. Occasionally he's called small bets to the river then folded.

I've only played two hands - one where I showed down TT to win a medium sized pot, and another where I took it down on the flop with a c-bet. So I've got a much tighter image, assuming villain is paying any attention.

So given the reads, what's our line like here and what's our plan for the river? Villain's range is obviously pretty wide but this is the first time he's lead at a pot so I figure he's got to have something.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 2.25 Tournament, 25/50 Blinds (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG (t1165)
UTG+1 (t1310)
MP1 (t1660)
MP2 (t1115)
MP3 (t1640)
CO (t2170)
Button (t1105)
SB (t1330)
Hero (BB) (t2005)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8
spade.gif
, 9
heart.gif

6 folds, Button calls t50, SB calls t25, Hero checks

Flop: (t150) 8
club.gif
, 9
diamond.gif
, 5
spade.gif
(3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets t90, Button calls t90, 1 fold

Turn: (t330) 7
diamond.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets t300, Hero calls t300

River: (t930) K
spade.gif
(2 players)
Hero...

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Isn't this a clear check/ hope villain does not bet. Never getting called by worst imo.
If he bets, I'm ok with folding because he is the type of player that will donate it back and is very exploitable. If we fold we still have about 30-35bb and in decent shape. Also, if he never really bets post flop, you have to give him a decent amount of credit here. That said, I'm willing to call a fairly small bet. Just depends on how big or small he bets on river, assuming he bets.

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OZ at Ft ..this Buy in Villain not paying attention

Why are you short betting the flop?

Bet 4x or 5x the blinds here ...any less he is still drawing

River 60-75%Bet

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the real decision is made on the turn... once you call that bet, you should be committed to calling the river.. its a bad call if you think you need to hit an 8 or a 9. as your most likely facing a huge river bet here.. most likely for all of his remaining chips, so really if you call the turn, you should be commited to the river bet also. two pair is good most of the time, but super dangerous board, depends on what i thought of the op at the time wheather id call or fold if he was a complete muppet id prob just call the turn, and hope he continues his bluff or whatever on the river, as you still beat a lot of hands

D

drou13

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
At this point im hoping that Hero will just check it to make Villain make the first move. Since he is sitting with a cs of 715 now he is probably going to push all in if he actually does have the 6. If he doesnt he might just check it trying to conserve what little stack of chips he does have depending on how quick of a reaction Hero had to calling the 300. If he does bet 300+ this would be the time to fold for Hero. There is no since getting aggravated and losing a big hand to Villain just because he has been so aggressive pre-flop.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Erm... villain hasn't been aggressive preflop (in this or any other hand) and he's got 665 behind, not 715.

brianvoytek

brianvoytek

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to hope for a check but chances are he bets out and you fold. I think you shouldve bet more on the flop. You would atleast get an idea where youre at in the hand. By you calling the turn youre almost committed to call the river IMO

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So results: I check-called villain's shove for 665 on the river and chuckled (not enough people chuckle any more, FWIW) when he turned over QQ.

My thought process was when he bets almost the pot on the turn it has to be a made hand that's not a monster and I beat most of those so yes, like WiZZiM says I called the 300 on the turn ready to call for the rest of his stack on the river if need be.

The flop bet was maybe slightly smaller than my normal one and to be honest I can't remember why I decided on 90. Normally I'd be betting around 120, appreciate the feedback and I'll keep an eye on it in the future :)