$2 NLHE STT Turbo: TPTK when third of a suit hits on the turn...

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2 NL HE STT Turbo: TPTK when third of a suit hits on the turn...

Edit- I don't have TPTK here, my mistake, title should be TPGK. Anyway, I hate when someone calls the flop, and a third suit hits. I never know what to do. Usually I check/call but I think this line is weak and it's actually the reason I lost this hand. Considering my stack I probably should have shoved when he bet the turn. What about leading out at the turn?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 2.25 Tournament, 25/50 Blinds (7 handed) - Full-Tilt Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com
Button (t1505)
SB (t1405)
BB (t4240)
UTG (t2045)
MP1 (t1440)
Hero (MP2) (t1280)
CO (t1585)
Hero's M: 17.07
Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K
spade.gif
, Q
heart.gif

2 folds, Hero bets t150, 1 fold, Button calls t150, 2 folds
Flop: (t375) 9
diamond.gif
, 7
spade.gif
, Q
diamond.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets t225, Button calls t225
Turn: (t825) 2
diamond.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets t250, Hero calls t250
River: (t1325) 10
spade.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets t880 (All-In), Hero calls t655 (All-In)
Total pot: t2635

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, so the flop bet is small, with a board like that it's fairly wet, and we know on a wet board we want to bet more, so im betting to around 300-350 here and shoving most turn cards.

As played the decision is made on the turn, if you are going to continue, just C/R shove, or bet the turn yourself.

The preflop raise is a little iffy too, considering your stack size, it makes for akward postflop play, it's not bad, but it's a marginal raise, If i'm in an earlier position im folding for sure. If we have 1500 chips im much happier about the raise.. as we have more room to move postflop.

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, so the flop bet is small, with a board like that it's fairly wet, and we know on a wet board we want to bet more, so im betting to around 300-350 here and shoving most turn cards.

As played the decision is made on the turn, if you are going to continue, just C/R shove, or bet the turn yourself.

The preflop raise is a little iffy too, considering your stack size, it makes for akward postflop play, it's not bad, but it's a marginal raise, If i'm in an earlier position im folding for sure. If we have 1500 chips im much happier about the raise.. as we have more room to move postflop.

When you say "shoving most turn cards," which ones would you give up on? Something like the J of diamonds? Although at that point I'm basically pot committed w/ a 300 flop bet.

And I agree about the position, it was the absolute earliest position I would make that play and only because some ppl had been knocked out already.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tend to agree with WiZ, it's a marginal raise preflop and I'm probably just dumping it.

As played, by the turn villain certainly doesn't have to have the flush but the flush isn't the only way we might be beat either. Any reads on the villain? If he's generally tight / solid I might get away from this on the turn and be just as worried about AQ or a set as I am about a flush. If he's the sort of drooler that'll play A9 or 88 this way (and I know plenty of them populate the $2 games) then I probably just shove the turn.