$2 NLHE STT Turbo: pocket 8's on the bubble

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2 NL HE STT Turbo: pocket 8's on the bubble

Ignore how I played the hand pre- looking back, this was terrible and is probably either a shove or fold considering the blinds and stacks. Considering also the shorty at 2k chips, when I have 4k chips, should I be folding this?

As played, what is your opinion of the flop after the villain checks? Villain had been playing a decent amount of hands. My main error here was not realizing his stack size- stupid mistake. I shoved as a bluff, figuring villain for 77+ or maybe even KQ (in which case I was ahead). If stack sizes were bigger, would this have been a decent bluff? Or is it better to just check/fold on the bubble? I figured the fact this was the bubble would add to the fold equity of my shove (again, I didn't see how small his remaining stack was) :mad:

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 2.25 Tournament, 200/400 Blinds (4 handed) - Full-Tilt Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com
SB (t2710)
BB (t1980)
Hero (UTG) (t3940)
Button (t4870)
Hero's M: 6.57
Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8
club.gif
, 8
spade.gif

Hero bets t800, 1 fold, SB raises to t1600, 1 fold, Hero calls t800
Flop: (t3600) A
heart.gif
, 4
diamond.gif
, 3
diamond.gif
(2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets t2340 (All-In), SB calls t1110 (All-In)
Turn: (t5820) Q
diamond.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)
River: (t5820) Q
heart.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)
Total pot: t5820

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yep, shove pre.. since the only stack that has you covered is on the button, it's a little less likely he will call you, and you have both blinds covered. shove is good. its close to the bottom of my range here, though.

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What about if the blinds were lower- how would you play pocket 8's with that kind of WA/WB flop after villain checks?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
probably have to bet with a pair like 8's, reason is there are a lot of cards that can come on the turn that we hate, and probably fold to after he bets, 9 10 j Q k all these cards suck for our hand, so i bet to protect it, but im not going crazy, if i get called im shutting down, if i get raised im dumping it. I don't really think if we were deep and the blinds were low that this is a WA/WB situation, if you have like A 10 that would be a decent time to try and check for pot control. or kings or queens, basically hands that have a small chance of being outdrawn on the turn or river, 8's are pretty vulnerable, and if i can win the pot on the flop, that's exactly what i want to do.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What about if the blinds were lower- how would you play pocket 8's with that kind of WA/WB flop after villain checks?
This is never wa/wb. This is maybe ba/wb. A majority of the deck is a scare card for us.

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good point, I think my perception of WA/WB was a bit skewed in that I just assumed two broadway overs vs my pair, but even then that includes 4 scare cards with the T, J, Q, and K.