$2 NLHE STT Turbo: $ NLHE STT Turbo: A9s in the BB facing min-raise, 2 other players left

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2 NL HE STT Turbo: $ NL HE STT Turbo: A9s in the BB facing min-raise, 2 other players left

I was the big stack and villain had been shoving most of his raises. Because of this, the min-raise looked real scary, and I had no idea what to do. Folding seemed too weak, but I didn't want to shove into a monster, so I did the only alternative and called :( . Board gave me the straight draw so I had to call him to the river.

I was real close to folding the hand, but I think sometimes I analyze things too much for my own good. A9s just seemed way too strong to fold, especially since we are already ITM.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 2.25 Tournament, 200/400 Blinds (3 handed) - Full-Tilt Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com
Hero (BB) (t6500)
Button (t3080)
SB (t3920)
Hero's M: 10.83
Preflop: Hero is BB with A
club.gif
, 9
club.gif

Button bets t800, 1 fold, Hero calls t400
Flop: (t1800) 7
spade.gif
, 8
club.gif
, 10
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets t800, Hero calls t800
Turn: (t3400) 2
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets t1480 (All-In), Hero calls t1480
River: (t6360) J
spade.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)
Total pot: t6360

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
shove pre or fold.. shove flop.. id lean toward folding pre, since we have a decent read that he's more than likely strong. we don't exactly know what it means, but have to be pretty sure it reps a strong hand, id just give him credit, we have a good chip lead, we can shove/bully them next hand, or whenever we like really.

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What range of hands are you shoving over villain w/ a read like this? 88+, AJo+?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now, you said hed been shoving mostly if he raised, how much was he shoving really loose? if so, then the A9s may be really close, but yeah, im probably not going to fold AJ in this spot.. the range seems ok.