$2 NLHE STT Turbo: Know I played this wrong but any way to slow play TPTK against aggressive HU?

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2 NL HE STT Turbo: Know I played this wrong but any way to slow play TPTK against aggressive HU?

Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 33/9/50

So it was down to me and this other player at the end of a 9 man SNG. He had been pretty aggressive throughout the tournament, betting every time I checked. When I got the AK, I know I should have shoved- I admit I was probably tilted from his aggression, and decided to play it slow (even though AK isn't a made hand in the slightest).

Well, I got lucky and hit the K. Board was real dry. I checked, and he bet out, so I called. Turn was a great card, so I checked again. From there, I definitely should have just shoved on the turn after he bet (don't know why I called- just stupidity I guess). But all things considered, aside from not jamming preflop, if I had checked the flop, and jammed the turn as a reraise, would that have been a viable way to play the hand?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 2.25 Tournament, 250/500 Blinds (2 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com
Hero (BB) (t4935)
SB (t8565)
Hero's M: 6.58
Preflop: Hero is BB with A
diamond.gif
, K
spade.gif

SB calls t250, Hero bets t1000, SB calls t500
Flop: (t2000) 3
diamond.gif
, K
heart.gif
, 2
spade.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, SB bets t1000, Hero calls t1000
Turn: (t4000) 2
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, SB bets t1000, Hero calls t1000
River: (t6000) 5
club.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets t1935 (All-In), SB calls t1935
Total pot: t9870

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
jam the turn.. more draws present.. but yea.. this is a jam preflop... slowplay with AA perhaps.. it puts you in an akward spot if you miss.... but i dont mind the line you took postflop.. i prob ship the turn though..

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
jam the turn.. more draws present.. but yea.. this is a jam preflop... slowplay with AA perhaps.. it puts you in an akward spot if you miss.... but i dont mind the line you took postflop.. i prob ship the turn though..

For the turn: Check and jam after he bets or jam right off the bat?

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I shove preflop and hope he calls for a double up

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OR if you want to be a little more cautious, shove flop

Joe Slick

Joe Slick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He has 17 big blinds and you have 10. If the blinds are about to go up again, you have even less than that. At this point it's all about playing the player, not the cards. Aggression and luck play bigger roles here than in any other part of the tournament.

I'd shove preflop with Ax or any pair in this spot. There's not enough time to wait for cards to out play the other player. IMHO

T

Teebone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^+1

Also you should take a second on each street to think about whats the best +ev play to do. You say you know what you should have done, but you didnt. So, Im thinking you acted alittle fast i personally have the same problem. Ive started just taking my time considering all the plays and deciding whats the best one. It has improved my game.

You invested a hour into it or more whats 15 seconds for an extra 6 bux?