$2 NLHE STT Turbo: JJ with a wet flop

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2 NL HE STT Turbo: JJ with a wet flop

Ok so I'm not sure how I should play this. I always have trouble with jacks...I'm pretty sure I should have reraised preflop but I hate doing that early in a tournament because if any overcard hits I'm forced to fold and I end up in rough shape early on. Also, alot of these idiots like to reraise all-in and then that makes me put them on queens, kings, aces, or at best, AK. That's why I decided to smooth call pre.

Now, the flop came out real wet with a flush draw and straight draw out there. I knew I had to bet, but how much? If I bet out and someone shoved on me, should I call? Or should I just get it in right now?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 2.25 Tournament, 25/50 Blinds (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com
BB (t1365)
UTG (t1545)
UTG+1 (t1745)
MP1 (t1455)
MP2 (t1945)
MP3 (t1440)
Hero (CO) (t1440)
Button (t1115)
SB (t1450)
Hero's M: 19.20
Preflop: Hero is CO with J
club.gif
, J
spade.gif

1 fold, UTG+1 bets t175, 3 folds, Hero calls t175, Button calls t175, 2 folds
Flop: (t600) 7
diamond.gif
, 4
spade.gif
, 6
spade.gif
(3 players)
UTG+1 checks
Hero: ????
Total pot: t600

ImolAyrton

ImolAyrton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont limp preflop??

Bet 2/3 pot, fold to a raise

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The flop's wet, but how hard does it really hit the range of someone opening from UTG+1?

UTG+1 also failed to cbet - I'd think this means he doesn't have an overpair, or is looking to check raise an overpair/good flush draw/set. I think you can get away w just over a 1/2psb. If he's drawing to 6 outs, great (he'll prob fold flop or turn unimproved) - if he check raises to a large amount, let the hand go without more of a read to go on.

ImolAyrton

ImolAyrton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The flop's wet, but how hard does it really hit the range of someone opening from UTG+1?

UTG+1 also failed to cbet - I'd think this means he doesn't have an overpair, or is looking to check raise an overpair/good flush draw/set. I think you can get away w just over a 1/2psb. If he's drawing to 6 outs, great (he'll prob fold flop or turn unimproved) - if he check raises to a large amount, let the hand go without more of a read to go on.

Ohh dude you have no clue with what people rais in a 2$ game.

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Since you also recommended folding to a raise, I'm not following you. The only diff in our recommendations, I think, is that I don't think 2/3psb is necessary.

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Button had 7 7. Took me for my whole stack because I thought he had overs and was bluffing...ah well

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I do, and without some read to the contrary I agree with Sly: the only drawing hand I'm really worried about UTG+1 having here is Ax in spades.

Sets and overpairs are a concern for us but otherwise we're well ahead of 88-TT, 55, A7, A6, A4 and bigger aces that have whiffed. Our big problem is that the flat call preflop has let the button into the hand and they could have a pretty wide range. I bet somewhere around the 400 mark and because I just can't help myself I probably call a shove.