$2 NLHE STT Turbo: Good laydown? TPTK with 3 suits on flop early on

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2 NL HE STT Turbo: Good laydown? TPTK with 3 suits on flop early on

Is it okay to play this hand in this scenario? I try to be extremely tight in the early-goings of a sng, but I felt like I should play ATo in the button with action folding around to me. BB calls my 3BB bet, and then donk-bet shoves the flop with 3 suits. I hit TPTK, and I thought for a while before laying this down. My first instinct was that he had the A or K of diamonds, but then I started to think his range could be much wider. Could have hit a set and been scared by the diamonds, could have had JJ, or could have had a made flush with low cards and been scared that I had a single high diamond card. Either way, because it was so early and because villains range was so wide, I decided to fold- even if he was on a draw, I would lose 1/3 times and felt it wasn't worth the risk.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 2.25 Tournament, 20/40 Blinds (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com
MP2 (t1771)
CO (t1214)
Hero (Button) (t1455)
SB (t3045)
BB (t1470)
UTG (t1575)
UTG+1 (t1500)
MP1 (t1470)
Hero's M: 24.25
Preflop: Hero is Button with A
club.gif
, 10
heart.gif

5 folds, Hero bets t120, 1 fold, BB calls t80
Flop: (t260) 10
diamond.gif
, 4
diamond.gif
, 6
diamond.gif
(2 players)
BB bets t1350 (All-In)
Total pot: t260

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its an "ok" raise on the button, it's pretty loose but im fine with it.. as long as we dont go nuts on the flop.. and calling here would fall into going nutes.

and i realyl cant see that stacking off here can be good.. we might be ahead but if so its only very slightly ahead. if he has a diamond were not in great shape, especially if he has overs as well as diamonds.. i fold it and make a note that this player overshoved in this spot.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm good for raising this, if we get called we take it down with a c-bet most of the time. Good fold on the flop, I'd rather not risk my entire stack to find out if my hand is good or not, this early in an SNG.