$2 NLHE STT Turbo: $ : Calling w/ ATo 4 ppl left

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2 NL HE STT Turbo: $ : Calling w/ ATo 4 ppl left

Again, like my other hand, I'm just checking to see if I'm making the right moves. The correct play for these hands may be painfully obvious but bear with me. Is this a call? Villain seemed to be a pretty decent player, had only seen him shove once before and he had AJo. Still, I felt like my stack was too low to be picky with ATo, so I made the call, hoping I was either racing against a pair or maybe KQ/KJ

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 2.25 Tournament, 200/400 Blinds (4 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com
SB (t4110)
BB (t2180)
UTG (t5550)
Hero (Button) (t1660)
Hero's M: 2.77
Preflop: Hero is Button with A
heart.gif
, 10
diamond.gif

BB bets t2180 (All-In), 1 fold, Hero calls t1660 (All-In), 1 fold
Flop: (t3720) 4
heart.gif
, 2
heart.gif
, Q
diamond.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)
Turn: (t3720) 3
diamond.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)
River: (t3720) J
diamond.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)
Total pot: t3720

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
theres something wrong with your HH here.. it doesnt make any sense.. looks like you limped on the button then called a shove, which is horrible..

just change your HH around so its correct, i think you made a mistake with it ehre..

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, how is BB first to act? Lol.

If we're opening the pot here, we can shove this. If we're calling, it's a little trickier, since we're getting super short. You said villain was pretty decent, that might lead me to fold here.

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all- sorry about that, I've tried to convert the hand using two different sites and it's giving me the same problem.

The reason the HH is weird is because the SB was eliminated in the previous hand, so there is no posted SB. The so-called "BB" is actually the CO+1 and he shoved right off the bat. CO folded and I called on the BTN. The more I look at the hand, the more I feel this should have been a fold, but let me know what you all think. I tend to panic when my stack is getting real small relative to the blinds and I just couldn't turn down ATo.

Then again, the fact that there is no SB to take down probably makes this a fold even more...

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The reason the HH is weird is because the SB was eliminated in the previous hand, so there is no posted SB.

Ah, that makes sense. Yeah, it just stinks when you're not the one pushing. You really have to tighten up your range. It's better to push one of the next two hands blind than take a guaranteed gamble.

Attachments

• AT on bubble.jpg
    AT on bubble.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 7
W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ohh ok kool. yes this is a very easy fold.. and as you can see, your making a huge mistake if you call here.. obviously our range is very tight cos if we call and lose, we bubble and make no $$.... so next time your at a table and see someone snap call with A10o write a note on them. these are the things you need to keep a track of.

and the BB's calling range is a little wrong i dont think a std villain is calling that wide.. but it doesnt matter to us, its still a fold.