$2 NLHE STT Turbo: AQo in the BB, mid stages, awkward stack??

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2 NL HE STT Turbo: AQo in the BB, mid stages, awkward stack??

I hate these situations and I think from now on I'm just shoving preflop, even if it is an overbet. I just can't maneuver postflop at all w/ my stack size, as a cbet basically commits me. How do you play this?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 2.25 Tournament, 40/80 Blinds (7 handed) - Full-Tilt Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com
CO (t625)
Button (t2470)
SB (t1105)
Hero (BB) (t1425)
UTG (t3725)
MP1 (t1940)
MP2 (t2210)
Hero's M: 11.88
Preflop: Hero is BB with A
heart.gif
, Q
diamond.gif

1 fold, MP1 calls t80, 3 folds, SB calls t40, Hero bets t300, MP1 calls t220, 1 fold
Flop: (t680) 9
spade.gif
, 9
diamond.gif
, 9
club.gif
(2 players)
Hero ???

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is MP1 like? pretty hard to say without reads.. looks like a pocket pair to me, which isn't folding postflop.. that or random weird junk, QJ KJ etc, Ax, id probably cbet/call a shove. hard to say what i would do in the actual game.

Shoving is just too much, it isn't horrible, and were probably crushing the MP1's range, the sb never has a hand, but we lose out on action postflop. And we allow him to play perfectly, ie, folding stuff we dominate, KQ, QJ Ax etc, which might stack off when the flop comes A xx or whatever.

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is MP1 like? pretty hard to say without reads.. looks like a pocket pair to me, which isn't folding postflop.. that or random weird junk, QJ KJ etc, Ax, id probably cbet/call a shove. hard to say what i would do in the actual game.

Shoving is just too much, it isn't horrible, and were probably crushing the MP1's range, the sb never has a hand, but we lose out on action postflop. And we allow him to play perfectly, ie, folding stuff we dominate, KQ, QJ Ax etc, which might stack off when the flop comes A xx or whatever.

I did cbet and call shove. MP1 had 88 :mad: oh well...

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jamming preflop is also a viable option. I'd probably raise like you did, but playing OOP with a c-bet committing us kinda sucks. You're on the borderline of push/fold, but you've got two limpers.

On this board, I'd probably just check/fold.

Also, does anyone think checking preflop is an option?

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Yes, I like this instead of inflating the pot OOP. As played, I think based on stack sizes we can't really c-bet, just check and hope he checks it back.

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jamming preflop is also a viable option. I'd probably raise like you did, but playing OOP with a c-bet committing us kinda sucks. You're on the borderline of push/fold, but you've got two limpers.

On this board, I'd probably just check/fold.

I think here I'm shoving like 80% of the time even though it's not really much to pick up. I just hate playing a pot i raised OOP this early on. Checking I think is also fine at this level