$2 NLHE STT Turbo: For all you players who do well ITM: A common scenario

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2 NL HE STT Turbo: For all you players who do well ITM: A common scenario

This situation comes up alot- I'm in the money with an equal short stack along with me, and a big stack with a decent chip lead. How often are you shoving into the big stack from the SB (i.e. what range are you shoving)? I feel like the average big stack would be calling with 20-25% of hands. At the same time though, I don't want to be folding too much otherwise my fold equity will be zilch against him.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 2.25 Tournament, 200/400 Blinds (3 handed) - Full-Tilt Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com
Hero (SB) (t3040)
BB (t7940)
Button (t2520)
Hero's M: 5.07

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Around 70-80%. And i adjust that based on table dynamic, calling ranges etc.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like WiZ says table dynamic and reads plays a bit of a part - if the other short stack is the kind of player who's happy to get it in with a weak hand in the near future just because they've cashed I'll be a bit more circumspect, for example.

In general though any ace, any pair, probably any king or a reasonable queen or jack and I'm pushing here. Looking at PokerStove that's about 43% of hands... which on reflection is maybe a bit tight if villain is really only calling 20-25%?